Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
117 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 116

pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Starter switch removal
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Well, progress report.... I managed to get the waterfall panel off today. I had mentioned it was loose and I discovered it is supposed to be attached with 4 screws; On mine, 3 were loose and 1 was missing, so it was easy to get it apart. Once I had the access I was able to get at the starter button and after I undid the 2 nuts on it, I could push it back and down so I could deal with the terminals. I reattached my 'phantom leftover' wire and hooked the battery back up and sure enough, the starter growled away!! Success!!! Now, all I have to do is put it all back together. That is easier said than done, as getting the tiny little screws that go in the back of the waterfall panel will be tough to get started. I may have to go to town and buy one of those 'grip-clip' screwdrivers that hold the screw while it is being put into position and started. At any rate, I figure I got about halfway through the 'fix' and one more good go at it and I should be able to get it buttoned up. Thanks for the help, guys!!! Chris.

Posted on: 2020/4/18 18:35
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved