Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
45 user(s) are online (25 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 42

kevinpackard, Don B, Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

47 clipper seat cushion removal
Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
I want to remove the seat cushions to remove seat covers which are in sad shape. The bottom cushion no problem-the back cushion the manual says removal bolts at bottom and lift the cushion up and off the anchor bolts. My car it appears very little space at the top-is this a simple thing to do?

Posted on: 2020/4/30 10:45
 Top  Print   

Re: 47 clipper seat cushion removal
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Once the bolts are out there are some small angled retaining tabs at the top on each side the seat will need to lift over at the same time you pull out in order to remove the back. It may require a bit of effort to compress the upholstery but it does not take much lift.

Here is a photo of a Custom seat frame. Except for the wires to the courtesy lights I believe the frames are probably the same for other models.

Attach file:

jpeg  (137.08 KB)
209_5eaaf6d8b719b.jpeg 1280X960 px

jpeg  (111.83 KB)
209_5eab0e409ab5c.jpeg 1280X779 px

Posted on: 2020/4/30 11:03
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
thks Howard-I will give it a try

David

Posted on: 2020/4/30 15:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
Well-that did not go well-I got the bottom cushion out and found the fabric badly damaged on the corners-I put it back in to determine next action. I also was going to service the fan on the underseat heater. To my surprise I found the motor locked up. what is best way to get in that heater unit without tearing everything up? I see some screws around the perimeter on the outside

thks-how is your 47? Driving?

Posted on: 2020/5/1 16:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here are a few photos of the 47 underseat unit. The top cover is held by screws on the sides but looking at the clearance when it is in position am not sure you can get to all of them. Parts of the seat frame look very close to the screws but maybe the bar toward the car center is below the screws. Might be able to get an offset screwdriver on the track side. To get the entire unit out, because of the angle of the heater core connection tubes that need to pass thru small holes in the floor the entire unit needs to be angled up to get them to slide thru the holes. With the round syncro rod in the seat frame in position over the unit don't think there is room to angle and get it out without removing or at least loosening the seat frame bolts to lift the left frame side up. I cannot remember how or where the motor mounting bolts are fastened in the enclosure to get that out separately.

As to mine driving, I am in about the middle of one of my let it sit and not work on cars for years moods. Things have not progressed much in the last couple of years. Last issue I had was no matter what I tried was not able to get the idle much lower than 700 and down to the proper 4-500 RPM range. No being smart enough to figure out that probably very small cause of the issue was mostly what started the current snit and to heck with it mood -- so it sits.

Attach file:

jpeg  (181.73 KB)
209_5eac9b6d89327.jpeg 1280X961 px

jpeg  (119.38 KB)
209_5eac9b89218c2.jpeg 1280X1275 px

jpeg  (180.01 KB)
209_5eac9b9c987c4.jpeg 1280X1113 px

jpeg  (60.54 KB)
209_5eac9bad14ed6.jpeg 610X1280 px

jpeg  (176.22 KB)
209_5eac9bd722fcf.jpeg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2020/5/1 17:00
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved