Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
40 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 40

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Timing Chain wear allowance
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Tim Stockwell
See User information
Hello Ross,

I am back at trying to start my 1951 300. I watched your video and found it useful. Especially the way you set the timing. I have always used a timing light. I did everything you showed and I used starting fluid to make sure I would not flood the engine. I even took off the front lifter cover to insure my compression stroke had both intake and exhaust valves closed. I do not even get a pop or back fire.

I am now wondering if I have a bad coil or condenser. Anyone's thoughts?

Tim

Posted on: 2020/7/12 17:23
 Top  Print 

Re: Timing Chain wear allowance
Home away from home
Home away from home

Wesley Boyer
See User information
I had a problem where my 47 wouldn't fire, it would crank over and spark (I would see it spark with the plug removed while cranking it over.) but would never start. No fire what so ever. What I finally did was replaced both cables going to the battery with fresh cables and the first time I hit the starter it fired right up and ran as if nothing was wrong. I can't say this will fix your problem but it did for me. The battery cables that were on the car where pretty heavy duty but very old.
Just something to look at.
Wes

Posted on: 2020/7/13 0:13
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 (4)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved