Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
82 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 82

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

upholstery question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim McDermaid
See User information
I have a 1954 Packard Cavalier and the front seat upholstery is in need of replacement.

I know there is ready made for some cars.

Maybe a local shop wont kill me. I live in the Phoenix AZ area.

Suggestions ?

Jim

Posted on: 2020/6/13 14:00
 Top  Print   

Re: upholstery question
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't think there are any Packard ready made kits that would closely match the original but possibly SMS would do a set since they do offer some custom services such as making door panels and headliners. They would at least be the best bet for finding a proper fabric if you have to go local.

At one time Kanter did have some retail kits made out of modern materials and sewn to fit but I believe another poster tried to order a kit last year and was told they no longer carried them. Could be wrong on that so if James does not see this post and comment you could call them and verify. If they are no longer doing them then I believe your local guy is the only other option.

If you just want seat covers then possibly something at a parts or online store could be found to fit although finding something for the large bench seats do present a challenge in a world of buckets or modern bench seats that are half the size.

Posted on: 2020/6/13 14:17
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: upholstery question
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Hi Jim...There was a fellow in Mesa who did great work...If he is still in business...Tim 480-593-7931. He could do the work properly as I have seen several cars that he has finished. Material would have to come from you or a Packard vendor...Ernie over in Scottsdale.

Posted on: 2020/6/13 20:58
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved