Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
42 user(s) are online (25 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 40

humanpotatohybrid, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1955 Temperature sensor
Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
In a prior post it was suggested that NAPA or other auto parts suppliers listed a replacement sensor. ...Elgin TS6464. NAPA and AutoZone say they no longer have such part available.
Are there any other sensors available?

Posted on: 2020/6/21 21:37
 Top  Print   

Re: 1955 Temperature sensor
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't know how you asked for the sender but the Napa brand is Echlin, not Elgin. No idea if that might be the reason for the sender being in NLA status or if it is something recent. Also could be a lazy clerk or maybe has gone online only but as of 5 minutes ago NapaOnline still lists it.https://www.napaonline.com/en/search?text=ts6464&referer=semantic&se=1

If they are truly NLA from Napa then Dwight Heinmullerhttps://www.packardparts.org/products/parts/ says he has 51-56 temp senders and I am sure Kanter and several of our other vendors could supply one too.

If you do try to order from Napa, they list the same part number and the photo looks identical for three versions. Since they did take the effort to break the senders down and repost 3 versions on their site as Gauge, Light, or Fan Switch you would want to specify the Gauge version in case there is an actual difference.

Attach file:

jpg  (45.79 KB)
209_5ef0bd22c043c.jpg 1920X626 px

Posted on: 2020/6/22 9:11
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
I think the answer is lazy clerk. I had seen the same internet listing and it listed the option of buying online or picking up at the store. I called the store since I hoped to avoid the shipping charge.
After getting pricing from Kanter ($41+8 shipping) and actually ordering one, I posted my question.
My spelling error was mentioned by Owen but I had no luck finding a backup on the internet under various search headings and ultimately returned to the basic search " 1955 Packard temp sensor" that had taken me to the NAPA listing....and .ordered two on line last night at the price listed. The shipping cost seems excessive but I will now have three or four in the larder.
Good to know the part is still available.
Thanks again to all for the assist .
RJR

Posted on: 2020/6/22 20:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Napa's shipping can be extraordinarily expensive and they sometimes charge it even if picking up at the store when they've had to get the part from outside their network of associated locations.

Posted on: 2020/6/23 2:05
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved