Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
159 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 159

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: No spark 54 Patrician
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

BrianGalway
See User information
Thanks again. Great work!

Posted on: 2020/8/24 19:00
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Howard, if using an iPad or iPhone, there is no need to convert the native format and HEIC is one of the accepted formats. I've not figured out how to do it on my own sites but apparently BigKev has done so!

Posted on: 2020/8/24 19:27
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
A fuse holder connected directly to the ign switch is typically for an accessory. The heater and it's fuse is shown on the 54 wiring diagram. A few other factory accessories that may be connected to the ign switch with a fuse holder instead of connecting to the accessory circuit breaker would be the radio, a power antenna, or the 54 electrically operated windshield washer. If you have any of those accessories you might see if they are connected and work.

Other than those it could be something added by a previous owner and there is no telling what it might be without tracing the wire. Electric fuel pump maybe?

Posted on: 2020/8/24 19:33
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Agree on the HEIC but several have said they have had issues posting directly from their iPads or phones. I think some of it may be due to size rather than format. Kev allows a large file but sometimes a hi res photo can be quite large and maybe stretches the limit.

Posted on: 2020/8/24 19:38
Howard
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

BrianGalway
See User information
Thanks guys

Posted on: 2020/8/24 20:17
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

BrianGalway
See User information
Just an update. Car turns out to be 6 volt negative ground. Finally got spark. Now starting motor has a broken spring. Great feeling to make progress.

Brian

Posted on: 2020/9/14 19:54
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved