Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
102 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 100

r1lark, Jim in Boone, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Marker lights/ Turn Signals
Home away from home
Home away from home

wjames
See User information
Probably a stupid question
I am trying to buy rubber base gasket for the turn signal light that were add to my car. I have a 1936 Packard Conv/coupe and I know that they did not come with turn signal/ marker lights, they were added by a previous owner. I have attached a picture and I assume they were for a later model
Does anyone know what the later model would be so I can source so I can get the base gaskets

Attach file:

jpg  (76.36 KB)
123161_5efb824cb11ae.jpg 770X577 px

Posted on: 2020/6/30 13:21
 Top  Print 

Re: Marker lights/ Turn Signals
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information

Posted on: 2020/6/30 14:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

wjames
See User information
That were I am going to get them, they have the headlights and tail lights listed but no marker as there were no markers in 1936

Posted on: 2020/6/30 14:44
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I can't see much detail on the base for your lights but the overall shape sort of look like the apparently optional 37 lights. There is a thread here that kind of has a discussion on those. If you have no luck finding a premade rubber pad, Steele has a universal dense extrusion that can be cut and shaped to provide a pad which looks molded.

Posted on: 2020/6/30 15:03
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Wjames,

I went through quite a bit of sourcing and qualifying with parking lights for my '39. The ones on your car look a lot like the 'correct' lights for my car, although that is not what I ended up buying due to the cost. I have attached a picture and you can compare it to what you have. If they look correct, I'd contact Max Merritt as that is where these came from. They may be able to sell you the gaskets or at least give you a pattern and you could cut your own out of some 1/16" thick neoprene. Hope this helps. Chris.

Attach file:

jpg  (290.79 KB)
121627_5efbef443026c.jpg 1920X1528 px

Posted on: 2020/6/30 21:05
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
HH56 wrote:....There is a thread here that kind of has a discussion on those......

Was going to cite that thread but Howard but me to it!

I also looked in the Owner Registry and found a few '37's with parking lights mounted on the fenders. you might try PM'ing the owners concerned to tap into their knowledge of these lights.

Posted on: 2020/6/30 22:17
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I agree with cutting your own pads, but Neoprene is not necessary, although it will work. EPDM will work fine and is probably the original material. There are some PVC plasticizer- paint type combinations that can result in a mark on the finish so I'd avoid the risk.

Posted on: 2020/7/1 8:38
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Agree with John, I only said Neoprene as that is what most rubber houses would have in stock as a 'catchall'. Price per square foot would sure be similar, especially for just 2 or 3 feet, whatever the minimum would be. Neoprene resists oil and petroleum products and light chemicals, EPDM has superior UV properties, plus a wide range of chemical resistance. Neither should mark your paint. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/7/1 14:12
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

wjames
See User information
Thanks guy for all the help
W

Posted on: 2020/7/6 6:52
 Top  Print 

1954 Pacific Parking/Marker/ Turn Signal round amber lens
Home away from home
Home away from home

54packpac
See User information
Hi Howard. I hope you don't mind me hijacking. My 54 Pacific has clear front Parking/Marker/Turn Signal round lens'. As do all I assume. Venerable vendors sell them for $45. Recently on EBAY there is a 54 Cavalier with front amber lenses. I believe the lens diameter is 5 inches. Packard part #439177 / lens #163 / PAPDJ / #22731 for clear lens. Every truck/trailer vendor has 4 inch diameter omix/crown/united pacific round amber lens for $1.22 A stab in the dark but do you know of anywhere to get 5 inch diameter round park/marker/turn amber lens' for a 54 Packard?

Regards,

Tim

Attach file:

jpg  (37.66 KB)
201206_5f3ad81fbc864.jpg 577X316 px

jpg  (247.65 KB)
201206_5f3ad835cbebc.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2020/8/17 14:19
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved