Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
21 user(s) are online (15 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 21

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Cross reference Fram C-4 Oil Filter
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I'm trying to figure out which car this Fram C-4 fits as it must be one of mine but it seems too large for any I still have. Could it be for a prewar? I had a number of them and this may be a leftover.

Dia: 4-5/16" at lip
Length:4-7/8"
Holes: 1/2"

Any help is appreciated.

Attach file:

jpeg  (42.79 KB)
60923_5f05870f4bb95.jpeg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2020/7/7 18:03
 Top  Print 

Re: Cross reference Fram C-4 Oil Filter
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
According to the Fram sitehttps://www.fram.com/parts-search/C4 the C4 fits 55-6. There is also a C4P in the parts x-ref for 55-6 but I don't know what difference the P makes.

Posted on: 2020/7/7 18:12
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Thank you, Howard! I just bought two of a different brand for when I get the 1956 Clipper running and I no idea that I already had one! The box is even faded so I must have had it for a good many decades even though I've never driven the car.

Posted on: 2020/7/7 18:25
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Payne
See User information
In Australia the "P" stands for paper (paper element). I assume the same applies to US filters as well. Cheers, John

Posted on: 2020/7/8 3:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I never heard that before but it could very well be! I have other filters with P. I had always presumed that the numbers were at the whim of the manufacturer.

Posted on: 2020/7/8 3:41
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Don, I think your Fram filters are better suited as garage decorative items rather than being used in you Packards. The age of the filter element may not hold up to service and cause damage to the engines. Oil filters are not expensive and its not worth taking a chance on an old one. Take care and stay well.

Posted on: 2020/7/8 11:28
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Thank you and I don't intend on using it as a have two new ones that I just bought of a different brand. Don't recall which offhand.

Posted on: 2020/7/8 11:49
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
I seem to have a similar issue, except I recall I have something, then can't seem to find it. Goes with the territory, not to mention age. At some point a collection out strips the owners ability to recall it and I only have one Packard!

Posted on: 2020/7/9 10:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hi Fish'nJim
Couldn't agree with you more. IF I can remember that I have a particular piece when the need arises, finding it involves a lot of looking, sometimes successful, sometimes not; then if & when I come up with it, it's either not quite right, too old or not what's being used these days and I have to go and buy new anyway. Belies the question of why I kept it in the first place! I think it's in my DNA, inherited from my father. LOL. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/7/9 16:32
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I spent an hour today walking across the shop to get the soft mallet from the toolbox so that I could start assembling the steel shelving that came when I was here in March. It's not that I walk slowly but every time I got there I would be distracted for a while, then go back across without it! Not sure how many trips it was but I finally forced myself and got it.

I really miss my mind.

Posted on: 2020/7/9 17:19
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved