Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

e: 55 Caribbean Over Heating
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good afternoon...Kanter and or Max Merritt will have the correct head gaskets, I am sure...Would like to know where you obtained the incorrect ones, however understand if you don't wish to comment! Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2020/9/6 15:37
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Re: 55 Caribbean Over Heating
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I am not sure that is a defective gasket unless the holes are completely missing a passage. I have many of the original and aftermarket single layer steel gaskets and they all have smaller holes over larger water passages. Don't have a a block to check and see if any ports are completely covered.

Just like the thermostat slows flow thru the radiator I imagine there was some metering used in the block and heads to slow the flow down or direct it past areas so the water could have time for better heat transfer.

Attach file:

jpg  (90.24 KB)
209_5f555f6ddcc8c.jpg 1280X530 px

Posted on: 2020/9/6 17:15
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: 55 Caribbean Over Heating
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
From what I can see in your photos, the passages on your gasket matches those on my original Packard steel factory gasket, suggesting the reason for your overheating lies elsewhere.

Posted on: 2020/9/6 19:00
 Top  Print 

Re: e: 55 Caribbean Over Heating
Just popping in
Just popping in

JCH
See User information
Hi Ernie, the ones I received and you see in the photo came from Kanter. They are the same configuration as the ones that was ones on it. I will discuss with them on Tuesday and advise. JC

Posted on: 2020/9/6 19:04
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved