Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
178 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 178

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1937 Six hubcaps
Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
I have all four hubcaps for my 1937 115C but they are less than great looking. They suffer from road rash, pitting, or horribly thinned plating, mostly in a combination of all three. I had tried to order repro hubcaps about three ago only to find out that I was too late to the party with Hirsch, Merrit, and Kanter all listing them on their website at the time but all ultimately turning up as out of stock with very little hope of additional runs ever being made. So I am trying to find a company that may do restoration of hubcaps but I have been getting skunked on that too. The ones I have been able to track down appear to have given up restoring them. Does anyone know of someone that might do such restoration or (as a definite long shot) have a set of repros languishing around that they might be interested in parting with?

Attach file:

jpg  (129.57 KB)
199039_5f33f992c99a7.jpg 1280X1280 px

Posted on: 2020/8/12 9:16
 Top  Print 

Re: 1937 Six hubcaps
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Try David Flack (Flackmaster) who frequently posts here and is the go-to-person for anything to do with 1937 Packards. I have a brass wheel cover (not hubcap) that is now being used as a shade for a desk lamp.

Posted on: 2020/8/12 10:51
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Hey CartRich,
As suggested, Mr. Flack may be able to help or direct you. Notwithstanding, Hirsch Auto DOES have '39 hubcaps in stock and other than the 3 design rings pressed into the '39 version, I BELIEVE they are the same hubcap. With a set of 4, they would look fine and it would take a serious aficionado to notice the difference. If you're not going to show the car, might be an option.... Someone will correct me if I'm wrong on the size fit, but I remember a couple of years back when I was looking for my '39 and they were out of stock, but HAD your cap on the shelf, they suggested that to me. I guess there was enough call on the '39's to do another run - thus the availability now. Chris.

Attach file:

gif  (40.24 KB)
121627_5f34a1d1baf14.gif 253X251 px

Posted on: 2020/8/12 13:11
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Interesting, I hadn't the time to review who was repro-ing what. I do recall the 39-six caps were NLA, which is, of course, why I rat-holed a set of them. Anyone need?

Now, as for a 115c/1600 set = Yes, I have one remaining set of NOS Packard 115C/1600 caps in my trophy case. Having sold my 115c last year, they can go...whatever the current price is on the 1700 caps is fine.

DAF

Posted on: 2020/8/13 7:29
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

CartRich
See User information
Flackmaster, I have PM'd you.

Posted on: 2020/8/13 18:39
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved