Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
130 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 129

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: PAC meet torsion level presentation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Just watched the subject video - spread out between a couple of afternoons.

Long, yes. Dry, yes. Save for some refinements with the camera work, I don't see how it could have been any better, though. The presenter had to cover a lot of ground and lay this out for a wide range of audience experience. Heck, in spite of all my years of document research and working on these cars, I got a bit lost with all the talk about spring rates.

Really, that presentation was quite a feat given the presenter's age. There can't be many of these original guys left.

Meanwhile, I smiled when I saw the reference to PackardInfo's Service Index.

I especially enjoyed the color images of the presenter with Black Bess - much cleaner than other images that I've seen in the past. While the car has a reputation for having been roughly put together, it was apparently a running, driveable prototype. Damned shame that things never progressed beyond that point

I look forward to the day that I can get back to work on my V8s and tame the lousy roads we have here in PA.

Posted on: 2020/8/16 10:28
 Top  Print   

Re: PAC meet torsion level presentation
Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
I to enjoyed the detail discussion with all the factors that had to be added when making the complete system. From suspension bushings to shocks even tires and all this was done with out any computer aids I was surprised that alloy used for bars was same as for coil springs. Its rare to hear a discussion about problems that were present from people who design things. My experience is a lot of engineers do not like to talk about errors or things overlooked in design and development of a complex system

Posted on: 2020/8/16 11:47
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved