Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 101

pmhowe, Frogmagic, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

VJ Day 1945
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jim/KB1MCV
See User information
Seventy-five years ago today there was much celebration.
Here is some footage of the celebrations in Hawaii.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tg5JyCnHqk&fbclid=IwAR0F12y_VOF6q7Ithw98L8latGIx3EDVdxLxTXZLGPZd3dS66yXz60qhMpI

Posted on: 2020/8/14 15:31
 Top  Print 

Re: VJ Day 1945
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
That is one of my favorite videos, especially with Louis Armstrong Jimmy Durante providing the background music.

I remember VJ Day. I was a 5-year old lad playing in the front yard of our house on Franklin Ave. in Santa Fe. I heard the church bells ringing from the Guadalupe catholic church about one mile away on Agua Fria St. I asked my mother why the bells were ringing and she said "The war is over." Of course I did not fully understand what all this meant, but was more than aware we were at war.

Santa Fe had a Japanese internment camp and I remember tanks and other military vehicles driving around.

I also have a memory of when Pearl Harbor was attacked. I must have been a couple of months shy of being 2-years old, but the memory has stuck with me. I remember my father talking to my uncle across a vacant lot that separated our houses. It went something like: 'The Japs attacked Pear Harbor'. Again, I had no idea what this was all about, but it seemed to be important.

Surely there are others out there with memories of these events. I am in my 81st orbit. Take care and stay well.

Posted on: 2020/8/14 15:47
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Glad to hear the progress!

Curious, what was your cold startup oil pressure and what did you reduce it to? On my '34 Eight I've set the max to 55 psi.

Posted on: 2020/8/14 17:36
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Owen_Dyneto wrote: Glad to hear the progress!

Curious, what was your cold startup oil pressure and what did you reduce it to? On my '34 Eight I've set the max to 55 psi.
Dave,

Slip of the finger? Wrong thread!

Posted on: 2020/8/14 18:51
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Oops!

Posted on: 2020/8/14 19:20
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Jim, John,

Thank you for posting those moments and memories. As I have previously stated, I think it is hugely important that significant historic markers not be dropped and forgotten. I realize there are few left who actually remember the events, but many people gave their lives so that we can enjoy the freedom we have today. We owe their sacrifice at least that. Chris.

Posted on: 2020/8/16 16:17
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved