Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
117 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 115

Ozstatman, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Distributor Advance Springs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Greenfield
See User information
Does anyone have or know where I can find a pair of distributor advance springs for a 31 Standard 8?

Posted on: 2020/10/4 7:12
 Top  Print   

Re: Distributor Advance Springs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
The short spring on my '30 Custom 8 distributor was missing. From measurements given me by another member here, I was able to source a steel music-wire extension spring using length, coil diamter and wire diameter. Doubtless not an exact match, but it is very close and seems to work fine.

Distributor advance springs are particular to the acceleration curve of the engine the distributor is governing. 1931 is a bit of a different engine from either a 1930 Standard or Big 8 owing to improved intake manifold. McMaster Carr has any number of these springs, so you might be able to approximate both springs if you have, or can source, the measurements for the springs for a'31 Standard 8.

Here is a link to the spring I bought:

https://www.mcmaster.com/9044K139/

Here is a link to the thread when I had this problem:

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19999&forum=1&post_id=197071#forumpost197071

Posted on: 2020/10/5 18:24
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information

Posted on: 2020/10/5 18:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Greenfield
See User information
Gentlemen: Thanks very much for the information and guidance.

Posted on: 2020/10/11 5:31
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved