Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
93 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 89

kevinpackard, Pipesargent, 53 Cavalier, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1946 transmission
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
I was wondering did Packard build its own 3 speed transmissions in 1946, or was it built by Warner? John

Posted on: 2020/10/12 12:57
 Top  Print   

Re: 1946 transmission
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Packard built their own transmissions thru 54. They did use the Warner OD unit as did many other mfgs but even those may have been licensed and Packard built. If Packard did not build the entire OD under license possibly the OD case only was a Packard casting stuffed with Warner components. Even though other mfgs used the R9 and R11 model ODs, cases did vary to fit the transmission.

Posted on: 2020/10/12 13:26
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Thanks Howard that is what I thought. It was mentioned that they used T-85 transmissions.....

Posted on: 2020/10/12 18:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
They did go to a vendor transmission for the 55-6 models but I don't remember which one except maybe the same one Ford used. I believe I remember threads where people have said some of the trans Ford used also fit the 55-6 bellhousing bolt pattern.

Posted on: 2020/10/12 18:53
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information

Posted on: 2020/10/12 20:39
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved