Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
138 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 135

Mechagon, BDeB, kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Remove the Speedometer cable
Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
For what it's worth, none of the original literature from Stewart Warner, King Sealy, AC Delco, Waltham, Autolite, Northeast, Etc. Called for graphite. Factory treatment was always very light Grease and little or none up at the speedometer so that the cable is not pumping grease into the speedometer magnet shaft. When we rebuild cables, we only use light grease. And there are plenty of speedometers that have come in that have had obvious grease pumped in through the cable up into the magnet and odometer area. I'm not saying graphite is bad, I'm just going with what all my literature indicates and which is readily available today. We use Sil glyde, the silicon-based light Grease.
Again, I hope this helps,
Pat

Posted on: 2020/10/25 11:07
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved