Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
84 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 80

Tobs, Gary Kulp, 39Rollson, Dealer1, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1928 or 1929 Packard ID
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Not clear, 254525 came from the motor or the vehicle number plate?

EDIT. OK, your photos clarified it. Thanks. Your thief-proof number places your car at just past the midpoint of Sixth Series production.

Posted on: 2020/10/28 15:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wogec
See User information
Hey Burr,
I know the confusion you speak of. I own a 6th series model 645 sedan and Owen Dyneto is absolutely right...all of the components on my car have forge dates of October, 1928, but the theft proof number, engine number and body number place my car firmly in the early segment of "1929" cars. As for the body number, it is on a small brass plate, nailed to the floor, underneath the passenger compartment carpet, right up against the rear seat. It will tell you the body style (3 digits) followed by the number of your car in that body series. My car is body style 374, followed by a "7". Presumably that means my car was the seventh edition of body style 374 (Deluxe 7 passenger sedan) that rolled off the line. Your body number should start with 334 if it is a Model 633, 7 Passenger Sedan. Welcome to the mysteries of Packard lore.
John

Posted on: 2020/10/28 16:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Burr,
to PackardInfo, and I invite you to include your '28/29(?) Packard 633 7 Passenger Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2020/10/28 17:03
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Peter Packard
See User information
Hello all, "ask the experts" True or false? The early 6th Series Standard Eight appears to have had the same size engine bay as the 5th Series Six and used an engine side mounted water pump. I have at least two of the side mounted water pumps amongst the three 6th Series motors that I have. Comments please. Peter Toet

Posted on: 2020/10/29 0:13
I like people, Packards and old motorbikes
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
Peter,
To the best of my knowledge, all 6th Series 626/633 cars had the same engine bay length as the 5th Series 526/533 cars regardless of whether they had a side mounted or front mounted water pump. The front mounted water pump on the 626/633 cars was drastically redesigned to take up far less space than the pumps on the earlier cars so that the eight cylinder engine would fit in the space previously used on the 5th series 6 cylinder cars. The engine in the 6th series standard eights is a very tight fit, length wise.
David

Posted on: 2020/10/29 5:15
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved