Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
25 user(s) are online (18 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 24

CCR, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1948-49 front bumper
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Mack
See User information
Thanks to everyone who responded. Keep me in mind if any of you run across the desired bumper
Mack

Posted on: 2020/12/4 17:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Suggest you say which model that you're looking for?
22XX, 23XX, etc. The decoder is on this site.
There are different bumpers; deluxe, custom, etc.
ie, does it have to look like the picture?

Also: Group 2, in the parts list, lists all the bumpers. I only see one and two piece. Bumperettes are saparate/adder.
It's on this site in literature too.

ps: I'm going to have to rethink this. The one with the center cut out may not be factory?? Of all the 48-50s I've looked at don't recall seeing that. But I like the look over the factory. Would be easy to do and certainly light weight.
I was planning on thinning and contour fitting but this adds a refined look to mimic the above parallel bars.

Posted on: 2020/12/5 10:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
The first photo in the thread shows the "open mouth" 22nd series design, in the second version where the end connectors are chrome instead of painted. The center section between the bumper guards is open.

I think it's interesting how the design evolved to a heavier and heavier look. I think the original two horizontal , body color connector look is the cleanest and ties in best with the side moldings.

Posted on: 2020/12/5 10:47
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved