Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
139 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Bijur Tube Union Nut
Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
I have scoured my shop from top to bottom and can't find my supply of union nuts. These are the nuts that fasten the Bijur lines to each destination and retain the drip plugs. They are Packard part number 14627. If anyone has a few extra, I would be happy to buy them. These are for a 6th series ca, but were also used at least on the 4th series.

Thanks

Posted on: 2020/11/21 21:05
 Top  Print 

Re: Bijur Tube Union Nut
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If no one on the forum has what you need have you tried what is left of Classic and Exotic to see if they might still have anything? They are selling off their remaining parts inventory and list a few Bijur items.https://straight-eight.com/product-category/bijur-chassis-lubricator/

Posted on: 2020/11/21 21:15
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

GaryinSC
See User information
Contact Bruce Blevins in MI, he has all the parts for Packard Bijur system. Classic & Exotic has RR parts.

Posted on: 2020/11/22 19:04
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information

Attach file:

jpeg  (223.72 KB)
1220_5fbbdcf173369.jpeg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2020/11/23 10:59
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

GaryinSC
See User information
Those might clean up, and if they are a good buy then they may work OK. Bruce has all new fittings so that is what I went with. The meters are $ 40 ea. tube nuts are $ 15 ea. but you need to proper compression rings to reinstall them and they are special to this system, and only Bruce has those are far as I know. They are one sided like the originals not two sided like you might buy at the hardware store. You will also need 3/16" annealed copper tubing. Compression unions are at most auto parts stores and sold as brake line unions. Make sure you get the brass ones not steel, I got mine from O'Reilly's. Bruce's catalog attached.

Attach file:

pdf Size: 791.12 KB; Hits: 52

Posted on: 2020/11/23 11:48
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved