Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
148 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 146

BigKev, bkazmer, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Running Boards for 37 120 Touring Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
My 115C has a 3-brush Delco generator. I presume this to be the original type with the 2-brush type being fitted to later models. Car is not at home right now so I cannot go out and look at the connections. Also, I do not recall that the 3rd brush is adjustable. Do I have something different?

(o{}o)

Here is a photo of the generator mounted on the engine.

Attach file:

jpg  (30.05 KB)
565_53dfdb66d3e80.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2014/8/4 14:10
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
MM does not make the mats; they are made by Steele Rubber, and yes, the Steele mats for a 115c are of the cut and paste variety, simply a set of cut down 120's. Once upon a time, I had a source for one piece 115c mats - its been several years since I ordered any, and I am not sure what the minimum order would be, probably at least 5 sets...

As for the wiring question, long since answered, difference between 115c wiring and 120c wiring is simply due to grounding circuits. I've always felt the more grounds the better...

Posted on: 2014/8/4 14:21
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Did the running board covers on my 34 eight back in the 70s. Only mat available was from Phil Hill who only made for the 134" wheelbase; I'm 129" wheelbase so it was a cut and paste job. Carefully done it can be almost unnoticeable, really only if you happen to specifically focus on that spot.

Posted on: 2014/8/4 14:37
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I brought up my Delco 3-brush generator because the illustrations Howard provided (thanks) only show 2-brush generators,

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/8/4 15:31
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
I would throw my hat in the ring for a set of 115c running board mats.

Posted on: 2014/8/6 19:22
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved