Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
100 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1958 packard four door sedan
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

stude2
See User information
he was thinking of taking measurements and fashioning his own. if we cant,there is this guy down in pa who knows a guy who make one for us. thanks for the suggestion,appreciate it.

Posted on: 2009/5/27 15:11
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

mlepay
See User information
Send me an email at mlepay@sbcglobal.net. I believe there is a good source here in South Bend.

Posted on: 2009/5/29 9:46
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Have you tried a local Drive Line repair shop in your area? Most time they can just make you a new one.

Posted on: 2009/5/29 12:22
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

stude2
See User information
we are in the process of getting a starter to begin with, i am just trying to locate a drive shaft when we are ready for it. we are getting a starter next week in p.a., then in a couple of weeks going to try and do something about the drive shaft. he is going to put the starter in next week. probably will just have a drive shaft made. have a studebaker drivers club member who lives in pa,who knows a man down the road who could make one for us. might go that route. didnt know it would be so hard to find parts for this car,though i u nderstand some studebaker parts can be used. it was a piece of cake no problem f inding parts for my lark this is a little tougher it seems.

Posted on: 2009/5/29 17:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
The entire drive train of 57 and 58 Packards is Studebaker. a lot of parts are still available NOS from SASCO. Some body trim parts are still available go to the parts section of the Body manual on this site and then go to SASCO site and look up by part number to see if they have it listed and the price will come up.The chassis parts book here only covers 57 although some parts are the same as 57 better to have the manual to verify that they are the same.
The drive shaft from 58 and up Studebakers is one piece prior to that the drive shaft is two piece with the sliding spline located between the two pieces of the drive shaft in approximately the middle

Posted on: 2009/5/29 23:18
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

stude2
See User information
asked sasco if they had driveshafts,they answered no

Posted on: 2009/6/9 9:35
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

stude2
See User information
they said they did have them but dont now

Posted on: 2009/6/9 9:50
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

stude2
See User information
we will have one made down in pa or think of something. we are putting in a starter next week, got one from pa coming this week. then will search for the driveshaft. are thinking of selling it on ebay if it runs and get driveshaft,motor still turns over by hand. had it on there once but pulled it, had 40 watchers and no bidders after five days and it was a seven day auction. decided to get it running first if we decide to sell on ebay.

Posted on: 2009/6/9 9:53
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Joe
See User information
I have a couple of driveshafts. They are on my parts cars...57 Packard 4 door, 58 Packard 2 door and a 57 Packard station wagon. I do not know if they are the same size, please let me know your thoughts at 5758packard@bevcomm.net

Posted on: 2009/6/9 21:52
58 Packard Wagon (parade red)
58 Packard Wagon (park green)
58 Packard Sedan (shadowtone red)

Let me know if you have a 58 Packard Station Wagon. I am putting a registry of current owners together. Thank you
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved