Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
128 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Tomorrows should be the big day
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
We broke a valve spring 6 weeks ago and today we finally rested the head back into place. Its not bolted down yet, so we hope to finish her up tomorrow. Most of the wasted time was waiting on parts and tools we didn't have. We tried to have a mechanic work on it but all that did was waste money towing it back and forth, So my grandson and myself decided to do it ourselves. Its been 45 years since High School Auto Shop but we're close to getting her done. Can't wait to hit the starter button.

Posted on: 2007/7/14 23:33
 Top  Print   

Re: Tomorrows should be the big day
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
YES - She running as smooth as silk and no more CLACK CLACK

Posted on: 2007/7/15 22:20
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Congrats on gettings her back together! Nothing is better than knowing that you did it yourself.

Make sure that in about 100 miles or so that you recheck the torque on the head bolts in the factory recommended pattern.

If I find I need any of my valve springs replaced, then I may have to give you a call for advice since you are pretty local to me!

Posted on: 2007/7/15 22:28
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
Thanks BigKev I sure wish I had found this site before I started. It has been 45 years since High School Auto Shop and I was totally in the dark. Luckily I found some great folks that walked me thru the process. Id like to thank them here and if allowed give their address and phone numbers for anyone else that may need the help. With your permission.
I had my grandson turn the key and push the start button when we fired it up. He had a grin on his face a foot wide. Without him it would have been a real problem to get done. Hes 20 and this is the first time I've had him away from his computer longer than a few hours at a time.
Now that we are done, I just found the Project Blog area here. Figures.
Ron

Posted on: 2007/7/16 1:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Ron -

There's certainly nothing wrong with expressing your thanks, by name here.

However, when it comes to posting addresses and phone numbers, I don't think it's so much a question of whether BigKev allows it, but privacy issues are a significant consideration.

In my case, I don't want such info disclosed - not even my e-mail addy. I would rather field questions in public, here, as this Forum is fully searchable. The answer to the question posed by someone today could be helpful to others in the future.

I also stand by that position WRT to tehcnial questions that have been sent via the site's PM feature - though PM's do have their place for off-topic matters.

Of course, that's just my worth.

Posted on: 2007/7/16 7:42
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Ron Ferguson
See User information
Thanks Brian for responding. That's why I asked first.
The ones I want to Thank are all businesses, or members here and not individuals, .
These folks provided me with the information we needed to diagnose and fix our Lady, and not once did they profit or try to sell us anything. They gave us things like - head torquing sequences and valve adjustment procedures. Some even offered to loan us tools we didn't have. Without their help she would still be broken or setting in an expensive garage somewhere. These are truly Gentlemen I want to deal with again.
David of David Moe Packard Parts - Marysville WA.
Murray of Murray Motor Cars - Monroe WA
Danny of K Gap Hudson Parts - Landcaster CA
Bill Albrite Restorer - Fontana CA
And last but not least Turbopackman for pointing me to this site

Posted on: 2007/7/16 17:11
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved