Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
177 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 177

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1950 2300 series 2-tone paint scheme
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
Good point. I'll bet you are correct.

Posted on: 2009/6/20 18:52
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
Yes Maumee Maize is the "yellow" color on my 1950 Packard Touring Sedan. I checked it against a Dupont paint chart I recently purchased.
The car would really look good in Packard Blue with the original Maumee Maize top for coolness in the San Diego summer. It is too bad the factory probably never offered that combination, but I may go that way anyhow just to make the car more beautiful than it is. I also want to add a couple of those small yellow fog lamps to the front bumper because they look really nice against a dark blue body color.
I plan to paint the car after I enter it in the National City Auto Heritage Day show, August 2, which features Packard. Any other Packard owners near San Diego should consider joining me because it is a great judged show and entry is FREE for Packards!
Thanks for all the input Packard owners!
Fred

Posted on: 2009/6/22 14:05
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Fred,
for including your '50 in the Owner Registry. Quite a tale of woe there about the miss-representation on eBay. And one thing - your Registry entry has the year as 1956, the default, can you change it to 1950 so it slots in correctly please?

Posted on: 2009/7/1 5:47
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Michael Evans
See User information
Hi All

BKazmer's right - - - my '48 is going to be as I want it - - - here's a bit of my artwork showing 2tone light top and dark bottom - - - all comments welcome who knows I might change how I want it ?

WHOOPS - forgot to mention my car was all silver and is now Volkswagen Baby Blue - my engine bay is black and only the tops of the fenders and the top of the firewall are the car colour - my engine is Packard green - here's another photo any and all comments welcome !

If anyone knows of a 22nd Series Sedan parts car please let me know - I still need a heater for the car and after searching for an aftermarket one think an original needing work will be better in all respects - again comments appreciated.

Full pics. of my car can be seen at www.packard22.co.uk

Michael

Attach file:

jpg  (79.14 KB)
1329_4a6dccf66a403.jpg 1024X768 px

jpg  (88.93 KB)
1329_4a6dd0e9d71ef.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2009/7/27 10:51
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
It's of course up to you, but if they are not already there I would consider not cutting the extra holes in the bumper.

Posted on: 2009/7/27 12:22
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Looks like someone has been busy as quite a few changes in your album from what appears to be some early rough photos of the car.

I like your proposed colors because I think that body style looks better all dark or at least with a darker bottom. There are a few photos on site here of a 41 with a particular gray or silver/blue combination that are quite nice together.http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=13345#forumpost13345. Know it's not the same bodystyle but the colors sure work.

Wondering if you would post a few more pictures of the firewall & engine bay on both sides--maybe even the dash & under dash area. I have (probably lots of others also) never seen a RHD setup of that that era. Am curious about the differences & also because I wonder if a standard fairly easily found LHD heater setup would work or if it would require something special to clear the RHD components.

Posted on: 2009/7/27 12:49
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I wonder if a standard fairly easily found LHD heater setup would work or if it would require something special to clear the RHD components.

RHD V8 cars could not mount a conventional cowl-mounted heater, thus had only the underseat heater as far as I know. There are some photographs of this taken by Leonard Williams (London Packard distributor and reponsible for the very last RHD cars). Have no idea what they did for a defroster or demister. I've seen one and pictures of a handful of RHD 51-54 cars and none of them had anything but the underseat heater.

Posted on: 2009/7/27 13:47
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
there are a '41 LeBaron sedan and a '46-7 Super Clipper fastback around, both silver over dark blue (darker blue than John's '41 160 mentioned above), and the combination is very attractive in my opinion, as well as factory option on those cars. Not sure if we've a shot of either here. There is a dark blue for '48, it's called Packard Blue and was a popular color - I'm sure there will be some shots of it here.

Posted on: 2009/7/27 14:56
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
I'm not sure about the de-mister. But, I seem to remember they used the same system under the dash as the 46-47. Anyone else remember, or have one?
I have a 47 if you need a picture.

Posted on: 2009/7/28 21:14
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved