Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
163 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 162

Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 19 »

Re: Tom Malas "1931 833 Restoration "
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Tom (Packin31) wrote:...took old Bessie out for a spin today. It was a beautiful day for it.
Tom,

Not only a beautiful day but Bessie is beautiful too!

Posted on: 2012/8/5 22:14
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
You've done an outstanding job. Old Bessie should be called New Bessie! Congratulations.

Posted on: 2012/8/5 22:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Thanks guys. It has been a long road, journey, blood (literally), tears (really literally) and sweet but she is getting there.

As you can see I still need to tackle the front fenders and also need to find an upholstery shop to do the interior for me. That is one area I will leave to a pro.

But as of now I am enjoying taking her out once again for a drive.

Had some wiggle in the steering wheel when I took it out for the spin. I moved the tires from the front to the back and the wiggle is gone.

Do all think I need to have the tires balanced? If so would a truck shop should be able to balance the tires/rims?

Posted on: 2012/8/6 6:19
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
Packard Registry|1931 Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
Tom,
Your 833 looks great. I would definitely have the wheels balanced. I had the disc wheels on my 633 balanced on the car at a regular tire centre. They used adhesive lead strips on the inside of the rims.

Posted on: 2012/8/6 6:57
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Tom -

IIRC, way back in 1999, at another forum past, you asked about proper placement of jack stands for winter storage of your father's old Packard. After I gave you some advice, you contacted me via e-mail with more of the story. I could tell that you were champing at the bit to get the old girl back on the road, but I encouraged you to move forward carefully and keep posting publicly. Not only would you attract input from others with more experience than I with this era of automobile, but the details of your journey could be of help to future owners.

What started out as a refreshing turned into something closer to a full restoration. Though many of those early posts have been lost, there's no denying your tremendous accomplishment as a DIYer. I'm sure that at least one of those tears was from the joy of getting behind the wheel and taking her out for a spin this weekend. I've no doubt that your father would be proud.

Happy motoring!

P.S. - Before you try balancing tires, have those wheels that you moved to the rear checked for lateral runout. Some runout is inevitable, even acceptable, but I don't have any specs for that type of wheel. Get them to someone who knows old wood-spoked wheels.

Posted on: 2012/8/6 8:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Here are some pictures of Old Bessie 1931 Packard April 2015

She is all painted now; interior completed but as you know there is always something to do to these old gals .

Have a great day

Posted on: 2015/4/27 6:17
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Stunningly beautiful in those photos, Tom!! congratulations

Posted on: 2015/4/27 6:26
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
I love the color, the artillery wheels and I particularly like the black radiator shutters set in the chrome radiator surround. I think it looks much better than those chromed radiator screens or chromed shutters. Its just right!!
Beautiful car.

Posted on: 2015/4/27 6:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tom (Packin31)
See User information
Thanks Gents.

Next big expense is getting the bumpers chromed.

She also needs the pin stripping done. What color do you all think for the pin stripping?

Posted on: 2015/4/27 7:04
Tom
1931 833 468 Coupe
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Good question and hard for me to visualize what would be best - it might help to know what areas will be striped and in what pattern. Factory pinstripe colors were Ivory (off-white) for black cars and Gold for maroon.

Posted on: 2015/4/27 8:19
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 19 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved