Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 »

Re: Dealer List
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Nice work, and I'll send the 1939 list to you some day next week. I'm not sure "Swiss Packard" is the correct name in Zurich; the Packard dealer in Zurich at least for the decade of the 30s, was "Werner Risch," Seestrasse 407, Willishofe, Zurich. Don't have a picture of the building but you might want to use the enclosed as an alternative.

PS - photo credit to Peter Issler, Muttenz, Switzerland.

PPS - the Finnish dealer from the very early years all the way thru 1956 I believe was Autola Oy. They were a prolific dealer, selling more than 300 Packards just in the years 1936-1939. Address during those years was Heikiaktu 9, Helaiagfors, Finland. (hope i got the spelling right)

Attach file:

jpg  (52.03 KB)
177_4a86bb028d9e4.jpg 892X568 px

Posted on: 2009/8/15 8:41
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Was that an actual picture of the era? If so, the picture is a little depressing because one would think given the prestige of the car, they could have found something more appropriate than what appears to be an ordinary screw or stove bolt to attach the label. A little early for Phillips screws and pop rivets were not around, but surely something a little classier was available--or was Packard not considered that fine a car over there.

Posted on: 2009/8/15 11:08
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
At least thru 1934 when all Packards were "senior" models, it was considered a high-luxury make in Switzerland. I'm told the Werner Risch tag is correct and original, though I didn't question the screws at the time of that conversation.

PS - The picture was taken relatively recently, perhaps within the past 10 years.

Posted on: 2009/8/15 13:15
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dave, thanks for the information on those European dealers. I will update the working spreadsheet with them.

I havent updated the Dealer list here on the website just yet. So far all the work is being compiled in Excel offline. Once I have the data further along, then I will redo the Dealer list feature on the website with the updated dataset.

Posted on: 2009/8/15 15:29
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Guys,

I didn't forget about the Dealer List project. I actually just added almost 400 dealers to the list via a mass import.

Also I have the complete 1940 Dealer List on the way to via snail mail as we speak. As soon as I get that, I will merge that into the Dealer list. Also if anyone has pictures or additional information on any dealer currently in the list, you can add the information yourself. If you add a picture, and there is currently not one on a dealer, then that first picture will become the default picture for that dealer. All the other pics will be displayed when that dealer entry is viewed.

Also if you know of a Dealer not on the list, please feel free to add it.

In the recent issue of PI Magazine they posted my Letter to the Editor requesting information on Dealers, and so far I have got some pretty good information sent to me via email. So lets keep the ball rolling!

There is a wealth of dealer information in the Service Counselors, and also the older Owner/Operation manuals. But I just have not had the time to go through them and extract the information. For example in the old Owners Manuals/Operation manual they have lists of dealers in other countries and states for "Tourist" owners. Also in the Service Counselors and Service Letters the reference Dealers that has gone through remodels, and stuff like that. If anyone would like to browse through them and add the information to the Dealer list, that would be very welcome!

Thanks everyone that has helped out so far with this.

Posted on: 2009/11/21 1:25
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The 1940 Dealer List has arrived and I am in the processes of hand keying all the data in an Excel spreadsheet. Once everything keyed in, I will do a mass import to the database. Also because this list contains all the relevant Distributor information, I will add that field to the database.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Posted on: 2009/12/1 2:18
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
BigKev wrote: The 1940 Dealer List has arrived and I am in the processes of hand keying all the data in an Excel spreadsheet.......

Kev,

That's above and beyond the call of duty! There should be an award for all you do for the Site and us, maybe "The Red Hexagon with crossed Packard Scripts"? Gerd, or anyone with the requisite computer skills, can you create such an award for Kev?

Posted on: 2009/12/1 3:38
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks for the offers for help. Two more evenings and I should have it all typed in. I am already about 1/3 of the way through it. Plus where possible I am merging the information with the current entires. So far the Master Excel list is at almost 800 dealers. But I still need to weed it and remove any duplicates.

I did find it interesting that the most common address for a Packard dealer is on "Main St.". I would say that 1/3 of the dealers in the list are located on a "Main St.", followed by a "Broad St." address.

I did some preliminary GEO-Encoding on the addresses last night and the google map it draws is pretty interesting. Some addresses are no longer found due to street and numbering changes over the years. But still plots the city it is located in. I have most of the New England dealers added and the dealer clustering is pretty impressive.

Also if anyone has access to the the Packard Directories for other years then I would like to get a scanned copies of those if possible to round out the database.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2009/12/1 12:36
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I was just thinking since I am going to build an interactive Google Map showing where all the dealers and distributors were located, it may be useful to include any Packard Corporate Buildings and related sites on the map also.

So if anyone has the original or current street address for any of the following please forward them to me thanks.

Grand Ave Plant
Conner Ave Plant
Briggs Body plant were the Packard Bodies were built
Proving Grounds
Utica Engine Plant
Original Warren Factory Location(s)
Warehouses?
any other sites?

Thanks,

Posted on: 2009/12/1 16:41
-BigKev

Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
Narragansett Motors Inc East Providence, Rhode Island.

I picked the name up from an onlin e record of a court case against PMCC.http://openjurist.org/193/f2d/545/narragansett-motors-v-packard-motor-car-co

zip code 02914

I will try to find an adress! Unfortunately its not on Packard ave, which is in North Providence.

Posted on: 2009/12/1 17:27
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved