Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
90 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Old topics
Home away from home
Home away from home

Bowman Davis
See User information
Where and how do I find old topics that were posted on this (V8)forum. I couldn't find anything saying archives or ?.

Posted on: 2009/8/24 19:21
 Top  Print   

Re: Old topics
Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
I'm looking, too, particularly for the posts on replacing the Treadle Vac and installing an updated master cylinder.

Bernardi

Posted on: 2009/8/24 22:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Don't quite understand what the problem is.

If you go to the forums main page, then enter the V8 forum and look at the bottom of the list you see not only links to the multiple pages, but drop down boxes that let you sort by title or date and in ascending or descending order.

Otherwise, you can do a keyword search (look to the upper right corner of any page), but you do have to nose around the results page and study the layout and links.

Posted on: 2009/8/25 7:17
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bowman Davis
See User information
The oldest post i have found was dated 2006. The ?,is that the oldest (Page 28) on the V8 forum. I thought I remembered reading a year or so ago that some of the older posts were to be archived and separate from the regular V8 forum. Am I incorrect about that.
Thanks,

Posted on: 2009/8/25 17:58
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
This site just celebrated its third anniversary this past March. A 2006 posting is probably as close to the "Big Bang" as you are going to get. Welcome to our universe.

Posted on: 2009/8/25 18:25
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Everything that we have is here in the open. Nothing moved or archived to another location. 2006 would be the birth of the PackardInfo.com.

Perhaps you are thinking of AACA Packard Forum or the PackardClub.org's older forum. I know the previous webmaster for PackardClub used to spin the older messages off to an archive.

If you search Treadle Vac here I think you will find a pretty get of topics discussions on the subject.

Thanks,

Posted on: 2009/8/25 21:15
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Bowman Davis wrote:.....I thought I remembered reading a year or so ago that some of the older posts were to be archived and separate from the regular V8 forum......Thanks,

If I remember correctly what you may be thinking of was when BigKev, our esteemed Webmaster, did a cleanup in a number of areas. Among these were a purge of inactive users and deletion of "old" topics in the For Sale, Wanted, Trade Forum.

Posted on: 2009/8/26 2:17
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
AACA didn't spin old threads off to any archive.

Threads that got "out of hand" were banished to "The Basement" - that is, the former Misc. Chat Forum that was only accessible to signed-in members at first, but only those with permission later - invisible to the public and general membership. Yet, any thread that got out of hand down there was completely deleted. However, the Misc. Chat Forum and all threads therein were deleted by the site admins a couple of years back.

Then, there was also "The Great Purge of 2006" at the AACA Packard Forum, where one former member asked for his account info to be deleted and the admins deleted not only every one of his posts, but any post in any chain of posts that replied to one his posts. Curiously, nothing like that happened with some other members who were banned, and their posts remain. Many viewed that situation as a thinly-vieled attempt to sanitize the Packard Forum.

The remaining threads dating back to 2000 are still there, but the site's search function doesn't seem to pick older threads up. You would have to go through them manually to find what you are looking for.

I'm not sure what went on at the PackardClub,org's old forum as I only used it briefly back in 1999 and found it too restrictive. I left for "greener pastures" and never went back. That forum appears to have been lost, but the new forum format seems to be a bit more open and tolerant.

To the best of my knowledge the only posts that have been deleted at P'Info involved SPAM.

Posted on: 2009/8/26 8:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'm not sure what went on at the PackardClub,org's old forum

If I heard and remember it correctly, the forum was repetitively and malicously infiltrated and corrupted until the older posts were unrecoverable. Unfortunate as it had a long and useful history, now lost. Makes you stop and wonder about the type of people who do such things.

Posted on: 2009/8/26 9:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Bowman, I see that you have been a member since almost the beginning. My "Big Bang" comments were not appropriate for your tenure here. The subject of your inquiry was obviously more involved than I first understood.

Posted on: 2009/8/26 12:02
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved