Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
91 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: 1939 Rollson Packard 1701
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Van
See User information
To All:

Can someone post some pictures of a 1939 Packard Rollson Razor Edge Town Car, model 1701.

Thanks,

Van

Posted on: 2009/11/1 23:48
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

jmmfranklin
See User information
Pictures are posted on AACA forumn under restoration projects - see 1932 packard Twin Six.

Car is doing super well and we are most pleased with it down at the Museum. We finished a valve job in the summer and it now sports an NOS banjo to replace the badly deteriorated banjo wheeel. We showed car at Dayton concours and it attacted quite a crowd. New exhaust came a couple weeks ago and it will get that, a new pinion seal, and several new front end pieces.

I need a set of front bumper guards donated as well as a foot rail and hassoks, and finally I need a clock donated for the rear seat.

FYI - Lily ponds bought Packards like most people drink water.

Posted on: 2009/11/4 18:09
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Van
See User information
Does anyone have a copy of the Packard Cormorant #41. I have seen references that a 1939 Packard Rollson Town Car is featured in this issue.

Can someone look to see if it is the car I have been searching for!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Van

Posted on: 2010/3/25 23:14
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I have all back issues of The Packard Cormorant back to the middle 1960s, I'll take a look for it and let you know what I find. If you want to see scans, put your request on the PAC forums as I can post them there without copyright issues.

PS - OK, I have your issue at hand. I assume the article you are interested in is "Packard's Coachbuilders: Rollston and Rollson" by Richard M. Langworth, photography by Bud Juneau. What precisely are you looking for?

Posted on: 2010/3/26 6:59
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Van
See User information
To Owen:

Thank you for your reply. I would like to know if any body numbers are mentioned in the article. I am looking for body number 664.

Thank you,

Van

Posted on: 2010/3/26 22:38
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The article has a very abbreviated history of Rollston/Rollson's various panel broughams between 1937 and 1941 and the feature car is the ex-Harold Shulman 1701 Rollson panel brougham, the then-owner is not identified. Two very fine large color pictures (one a centerfold) and about a dozen smaller B&W pictures of interior and exterior details. No body, vehicle, motor or thief-proof numbers are mentioned or shown.

Posted on: 2010/3/27 8:32
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Van
See User information
To Owen:

Thanks again for your generous time and effort to solve the mystery of this missing classic.

I have tried in the past to obtain a copy of issue #41 - to no avail. The Packard people who provide back issues have no copies for sale.

Thanks again, still looking for the elusive 1939 Rollson.

Van

Posted on: 2010/3/28 17:20
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Van, there is something in the back of my mind about this Dan Topping thing, but I can't quite recall it. Perhaps an article somewhere, a picture, someone I met? Hopefully it will surface sometime soon and I'll try to find this thread again and post it. In the meantime, keep searching.

Posted on: 2010/3/28 18:06
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Van
See User information
To All:

New info on this still missing Packard Rollson:

Car purchased at the Packard Motor Car Company of New York, 485 Madison Ave, on January 11, 1939. Branch - 61st.street.

Car not delivered until June 29,1939, due to the last minute change to have a chromium windshield installed at the additional cost of $180.00.

Has anyone ever tried to use the records of the New York Motor Vehicle Division to tract a particular car?

Still have no photo of this classic.

Any info would be appreciated!

Van

Posted on: 2010/11/22 23:57
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
I wopuld be very careful in attributing a specific Panel Brougham to Lily Pons. Over the past 40 years I have saeen/read of/heard of about 6 Panel Brougham attributed ot her ownership. Likewise Dean Martin/Lucille Ball must have owned a dozen Dual Ghias each , and Valentino just about all the Isottas ever imported.

Now just lasat week I saaw Elvis driving a pink '56 Cadillac.....

Posted on: 2010/11/23 0:09
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved