The Most Comprehensive Free Online Reference for Packard Owners
Become a member of Packard Motor Car Information, right now! (it's free)
Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who's Online
56 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Packard Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 53

Yarp, jsa03781, Guscha, more...

Webmaster
From North Aurora, IL
For those that are not aware they website has some rigid parameters in place so folks dont upload large photos that can use up expense server space, and also make it very tough for users on slower internet connections to view them.

Please see this for more information:
Photo Posting Guide Lines

As I am a software developer by trade, I put together a simple application that will sweep a file directory and resize and compress the photos in that directory to make them more friendly for web viewing.

I use this utility to batch resize all my photos before they are uploaded to the website. So I am going to make it available to anyone who wanted to use it.

First (legal stuff):

The ImageResizer software is provided free of charge. No warranties are expressed or implied. Use at your own risk, not responsible for any damage. Installing the software means you are in agreement with this notice.

Now with that out of the way, the software can be downloaded here:
ImageResizer

Run the .MSI file to have it install the software.

How it works:

You create a directory on your PC somewhere. You place copies of any photos you want to resize into that directory. Keep your original full size photos somewhere else. Run the ImageResizer (icon should be on your desktop) software. Press the select button to choose the directory. Everything else you can leave alone as I pre-set it with the recommended settings for the website. This will go through the folder and pull in all the '.jpg' files. If the file has a resolution that is great that the specified max (1280 default), then the photo will be scale proportionally to 1280 on it's largest side. Then the photo is save back to that directory using the JPG compression specified, overwriting the existing file.

You can leave the photos in the directory for future reference, and just keep adding new ones to it. When the software runs again, it will remember the ones it has previously processed, and skip those the next time.

This is the same utility I use on the website periodically to tame some of the uncompressed photos that folks upload.

If you have any question, feel free to ask me.

NOTE: This is for Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Window 7, Windows 2008 only (32bit and 64bit compatible), and requires that the PC have Microsoft .Net Framework 2.x installed. (Available through the Windows Update Service)

Attach file:

jpg  Screen shot 2010-07-07 at 10.04.55 AM.jpg (35.45 KB)
1_4c34be274d7e3.jpg 551X372 px

Posted on: 2010/7/7 10:50

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan | Project Blog

"While it's nice to be important, it's important to be nice."

"Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new end."
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Search
Recent Photos
Random Photo
Packard 1953 Caribbean 2dr cvnt Blk rvrs
Helping Out
PackardInfo is supported and funded by user donations. If you would to help out by either donating content, or funds to help with the upkeep and hosting of this site please EMAIL ME or click on the donate button.