Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 150

Joe, Don B, Bob J, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Barney Pollard
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Reminds me of that scene from the movie iRobot where the cars are stored/parked vertically on a "dry cleaner" style conveyor until the driver returns.

Posted on: 2012/5/10 12:56
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Stack-em deep and sell them cheap!

That is amazing how he stored them.

Posted on: 2012/5/10 13:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
I've never heard of him or the stories about the cars - I'm glad I now have. Amazing stuff. Something that would be difficult for most people to believe possible.

I especially love the part about Ford & his hired thug. Sounds like ol Henry finally came up against someone he couldn't bully.

Posted on: 2012/5/10 15:39
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

macuquina
See User information
As a young boy from Ohio in the early 50's I was very involved with my father's collecting of antique automobiles. We had at least four different cars as I remember. My father especially loved Franklins.
Sometime in the early 50's, 1952, 1953 or 1954 my Dad was searching for more cars to restore. I remember taking a trip to Detroit with a friend of his and all the boys in the two families to see Mr. Pollard. It was a long ride then from Akron to Detroit at the time. I must have been 9, 10 or 11 years old.
We went through every barn Mr. Pollard had and I remember the very distinctive way he stored the cars...up on end. My father was seaching for Franklins and Mr. Pollard knew his inventory very well and pointed them all out to us. But my father could never purchase anything from him. It was not a question of price. I remember his excuse at the time: he feared the tax consequences, because he was afraid of the capital gains (a new tax policy at the time created under Truman.)
I have had that memory for years and often wondered who that man was. It was only yesterday that I met someone who knew the name. I piece of the nostagia puzzle put together.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 10:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day macuquina,
to PackardInfo and a great story, thanks for sharing it with us. And if, by some chance, you have a Packard please consider including it in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 15:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bill_OBrien
See User information
Bump!!!

Posted on: 2014/10/22 21:42
-

( o\|||/o )

1936 Packard 120 4 Door Touring

Packard Registry Link
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

zougeride
See User information
Re: Barney Pollard and what a great story!!! Pollard's escapades remind me of a Houston, Texas collector who stacked his collector cars on their rear bumpers like books on a shelf. His warehouse was filled with collector cars. All of this was, if memory does not fail me and it is, back in the late 1970's.

Does anyone remember the event or am I just thinking it happened???

Zougeride

Posted on: 2014/10/25 8:56
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved