Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
138 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 136

kevinpackard, DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: Ultramatic Clutch Disc and Linkage questions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
I do in fact have the curved arm with no bolt. The one with the bolt is what the rebuilder said his book had and said he couldn't achieve that amount of adjustment. If i have to drop the pan and some more fluid doesn't make a difference, i'll take a pic of the valve body just to have the complete picture.

Edit: 2 pages back i did post some pics of the arm and valve body, don't know if you can tell by the blurry cell phone pics.

Posted on: 2011/1/31 14:42
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
I would add some more fluid and try again. If that doesn't work, disconnect the linkage from where it attaches by the steering box and manually push it to see if you get reverse. Of course, do it with it on jack stands! My car went into reverse well past the indent originally. Maybe your linkage is out of alignment to the point the sifter on the column can't move it far enough for reverse. That my help solve if it is out of alignment without removing the pan yet.

Posted on: 2011/1/31 14:51
[url=h
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
Let's hope it's fluid. I'd hope the linkage isn't that far off since it worked before, but i did yank the column and linkage apart to paint inside, so i guess i could be off. Everything went together very close to where it was *shrug* try more fluid tonight and see what i get. Can't wait to get radiator back so i can run the car for more than 5-10 seconds to test things!

Posted on: 2011/1/31 15:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
And by check it later today i meant check it later tomorrow Got a little busy tonight and didn't get to it, but i will try for sure tomorrow!

Posted on: 2011/1/31 21:35
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
Put another quart in and fired it up for some other tests (generator) and i put it in R and lo and behold, it worked! If i put it up PAST park it tries to go forward a little, but if you bring it back down so that the little pin drops in at the base of the steering assembly and you're in the park (detent) then it doesn't seem to want to go forward. If you put it PAST reverse it seems to find another neutral. If you put it in the reverse "detent" it kicks right in reverse and is fine...now to get the generator and carb sorted and radiator in so i can road test!

Posted on: 2011/2/1 21:56
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Atta boy - progress being made. Keep at it and you'll be cruisin this summer.

Posted on: 2011/2/1 22:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Great news! Sounds like you got it sorted out!

Posted on: 2011/2/1 23:24
[url=h
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Congratulations! That's what I like to hear. Gives me all sorts of hope for my own.

Posted on: 2011/2/2 17:14
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
I'll be excited when i get a few miles on it, but here's hoping she's all good!

Spent today chasing electric down to see why the clock and turn signals stopped working after i fixed heater blower and cigarette lighter...fuse to turn signals was blown and clock needed minor adjustments to the points inside, even though they held time for a week! After adjusting, held time for an hour and i put it all back together. I HATE working under the dash, even just to remove it!

Now i need to track down a heater blower switch, and hopefully a foglight switch too, it'd be nice if the dash one worked instead of the aftermarket one.

Posted on: 2011/2/2 19:25
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information

Attach file:

jpg  (48.92 KB)
1420_4d629b18a6bf0.jpg 800X505 px

Posted on: 2011/2/21 12:04
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved