Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
165 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 165

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1955-59 rear antenna
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wallis
See User information
Somewhere I saw a thread about someone offering a rebuild service for the 55-56 rear mount power antenna. Was it here?

Thanks

Posted on: 2010/12/11 16:40
 Top  Print 

Re: 1955-59 rear antenna
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
With both Antenna Masters and Wojak apparently out of the picture, the only remaining source for repairing/remasting that I know of is Sandy Chirco (Tuscon Packard).

Posted on: 2010/12/11 16:55
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I tried to get one rebuilt many years ago. Antenna Masters had quit but did reply and seem to remember he said his remaining stock was bought by one of the major vendors when he quit doing it--maybe Fred or Sandy???. Tucson Packard does not seem to mention the service on their website that I find.

If none are available, there might be a good use for a regions resources. I know I have one that needs a new mast and several that need new nylon. Working on them is not a very big issue but finding pieces at less than a complete antenna is.

Posted on: 2010/12/11 18:13
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Fred
See User information
Try John Pinto. His website is jpintoweb.com and the address is P O Box 43533 Philadelphia, PA, 19106 Phone is 215-739-1132. He did the front pwr ant for my 56 Clipper, but he should be able to do the rears as well. Turn around was less than 4 weeks with Independence Day thrown in.

Posted on: 2010/12/12 1:01
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
fredrickr, a nice resource to have because of the items he rebuilds. Thanks. Just wondering if he replaced the mast or nylon core on your antenna or just rebuilt the motor or switch to make it function.

Posted on: 2010/12/12 11:26
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wallis
See User information
Thanks for the info!

Posted on: 2010/12/12 14:35
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I'm pretty sure Sandy Chico does rebuild them as he had one listed on ebay a bit ago that was rebuilt.

Posted on: 2010/12/12 14:48
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved