Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
46 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 46

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Dans 53 Clipper
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Danny Petty
See User information
Well over all had a great weekend under my Clipper.

the leak on my fuel turn out to be a missing casket on the sending unit, my frieds at NAPA took care of that for me. Then there was the problem with the fuel gage not working. While I had the tank of I checked the sending unit with a multimeter and it worked fine. Started looking at the wires and found one frayed so replaced it gage still didn't work. Guess what the problem was... who ever worked on Clipper before had hooked the license plate light wire to the fuel sender and the the fuel sender wire to the license plate light (had me in a spin for awhile). now my license plate light shine brightly and I know how much fuel I have in the tank.
Didn't make much progress with my 3 brake hoses because the ones I got from NAPA were the wrong size so took my old ones in to NAPA and my new hoses will be in from the warehouse tomorrow, by the way the rear hose is different from the 2 on the front. My speed odometer still does not work so I am going the cheap route first and bought a new cable. The cable spins fine when not connected to the speedodometer but maakes a noise when connected to the speedodometer I am hoping that maybe the cable is worn on the end that connects behind the dash.

still having problem figuring why I don't have power to my right front turn signal. I have power under the dash but not under the hook on the orange wire.

Posted on: 2008/1/6 21:57
 Top  Print   

Re: Dans 53 Clipper
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
The joys of ownership! Fixing things yourself is one sure way to get to know your car. AND improve your knowledge. As you fix things or install new parts you will feel better and better about your Packard because you have done it.

Posted on: 2008/1/6 22:22
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Danny Petty
See User information
here is a picture of my new passengers

Attach file:

jpg  (1.89 KB)
396_47819c4b73166.jpg 120X114 px

Posted on: 2008/1/6 22:28
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Danny Petty
See User information
HOORAY finally got my right front turn signal fixed. Turns out the problem was in the turn signal switch. the contacts for the right side were not connecting. So instead of buying a new switch all I had to do was put a small piece of cardboard off a points box under the circuit board and that raised it up just enough to make the connection and let the juice flow to the turn signal light. so now I can make legal right turns I was sure tired of making only left turns.LOL OH almost forrgot I got my new CLIPPER emblem for the trunk lid in the mail yesterday (it sure looks great) now on to better thing like put on the new brake hoses that I got from NAPA yesterday once that is done then my brakes will be 100% all new from stem to stem (oops the sailor is comming out)

Posted on: 2008/1/8 18:18
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dan,

What is the part number on those new hoses that fit?

Posted on: 2008/1/8 18:28
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Danny Petty
See User information
sorry about that

I ment to share
the rear hose ie 36509
and the 2 front is 36531

bought them at NAPA

Posted on: 2008/1/8 18:48
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Danny Petty
See User information
well the hoses fit perfectly also the felt weather stripping that I bought at home depot work great on the top and the straps on the fuel tank so ther would be some cusion betwenn the body and the straps on the tank to eleminate any rubbing or squeaking, my next callenge is to get the speedometer working I put in a new cablewith no luck I can hear the cable turning in the back of the speedometer so Iguess my next stepis topull the speedometer. may have to buy another one ,,, will fine out what the problem is once I get itout.. the previous ower lost the door keys so I took the lock apart and move the tumblers around ad got the locks to work I had to file one tumbler but that's ok becausenow I can lock my clipper such is the joy of figureing it all out. A locksmith would have charged me big $$$$$ to rekey the locks and cut a key.

She is running better and better each timeI that it out for a spin... not bad for a car that has been sitting for over 2 years.

Posted on: 2008/1/14 22:32
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved