Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
98 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 97

JD in KC, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 178 179 180 (181) 182 183 184 ... 195 »

Re: Henry's 55 Constellation
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
It feels great except when your 250 dollar back window seal doesn't work and you build the firewall pad backwards and you only just realize it right before bed, so now I get to lay here all pissy. Apparently my car is right hand drive......

Whatever.......

Posted on: 2014/12/23 1:00
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Hank,

Maybe an Aussie, Kiwi, Pom, South African or other RHD Packard owner might be in the market for one. But.....the shipping for such a large piece would be expensive.

Posted on: 2014/12/23 1:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

cli55er wrote:
you build the firewall pad backwards and you only just realize it right before bed, so now I get to lay here all pissy. Apparently my car is right hand drive......

Whatever.......

So you did. I looked at the first photo closely and it looked in order & totally missed the flip. At least your dash is out and you discovered it now. What makes you really pissy is to wrestle the pad up in position with dash in place and then realize a hole is missing and something was not cut correctly.

Posted on: 2014/12/23 10:40
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
good news though...the padding peeled right off, guess I didn't glue it as well as I thought. I just have to get more vinyl so I can cut a new piece for the other side of the board. then just glue it all back in reverse of what I did before.

I'm sure I missed some hole somewhere, but I tried to go off my original pad as best I could. it was in shambles. but yeah.....at least my dash is out, that helps.

I hate figuring stuff like this out before bed....I just can't fall asleep as fast because I dwell over it. I've been known in the past to get up and go fix it so I can rest easy. didn't have a choice last night though....not enough vinyl left.

Posted on: 2014/12/23 10:43
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
still have not mounted the firewall pad. guess I got lazy. been having some cardio related health issues I've had to deal with. ended up having to up my sotalol and go on a magnesium/potassium supplement. all seems to be better now.

I have been working with steele more on the brake/reverse light gaskets. what it boils down to is that it will be too expensive for them to consider making them and not really enough demand to cover the cost. sucks, but I don't blame them. he said it would also be about 2 years out anyways.

all is not lost though, max had NOS in good shape, so I purchased those for 10 each. one could buy material and cut these out, but for 10 each....meh I just bought them and I do like to support Max from time to time to keep the doors open.

when his supply runs out....10-20 years from now...who knows...maybe I bought the last sets. others will be SOL. I tried to help. lol.

Posted on: 2015/1/12 11:32
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry51
See User information
Ah yes . . . I remember the feeling I had a while ago when I had panel-beaten my trunk lid, blocked and primed it and then dropped it on the garage floor when it slipped out of my hands. The dog decided to leave the garage when he heard me ranting.

Anyway, yours is coming along fine, just don't be in a hurry or a wurry, as they say!

Posted on: 2015/2/21 4:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
no hurry here, I've been busy on the other two turds in the garage. ah the joys of having 1 project, one preservation, and one weekender. they are all needing the doctor's attention apparently.

1. Z3 is throwing up codes all over and I can't figure out what is wrong. latest thing I'm trying is a new fuel pump, but I've dumped WAY too much money in something I don't hardly ever drive anymore and its pushing its luck on getting parked. at this point its a pride thing....I WILL win!

2. Dart is not wanting to stay running when it gets hot. I've replaced the fuel tank, sending unit, fuel line, rubber line, heat shielded all the line in the engine bay, changed carbs, cleaned carbs, put on a pressure regulator. none of that helped. I've even changed the ignition over to Mopar electronic and ruled out electrical issues. I'm thinking the dart also has a failing fuel pump and will be putting back on the 20 year old very reliable unit my dad had on there. if it works I'll buy a rebuild kit for it or just buy the edelbrock version that matches my carb. It only tries dying when its hot and I put it in drive.....so I also thought I should check the neutral safety switch for a short. car starts in park and neutral though. gotta be the fuel pump is crapping out or more prone to vapor lock cause its a cheap shit Chinese made carter....21 bucks.

3. Packard is waiting patiently for me to try the second rear window seal from steele, which I'm sure wont fit right either and I'll have to jury-rig it to make it fit.

4. Truck is working fine, but started making a tensioner pulley noise recently. high pitched noise.....sprayed it with PB blaster...it shut up lol. take that ya jerk!

5. Me....I had a mini heart attack, so thinks my doctor. My PVCs have gotten a bit better because they put me on verapamil. I'm going in for a heart cath in a few weeks as well. anyone got a good NOS heart laying around...circa 1981? its really no surprise, my uncle died in his early 50s from heart issues and bypass surgery, my dad had a valve replacement done, my grandfather had 2 heart attacks, my mom has had ablations for fast beats. I've had 3 ablations, an ICD device implanted, and now a mini heart attack. I'm screwed!

Posted on: 2015/2/21 11:34
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Sometimes the projects just start piling up and it's a daunting task to keep up. Sorry to hear about the health problems/concerns. That is most important, and I hope everything turns out okay.

-Garrett

Posted on: 2015/2/21 17:58
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry51
See User information
Sorry to hear about your health problems, that is a bummer.
I reckon attack the biggest problem first, then when you've got it licked that's the best feeling, because everything after that is easier. So maybe that rear screen problem has to be top priority?
I had problems with front screen seal, too small, wouldn't fit. (Yep - Steele Rubber seal). I got a mobile windscreen guy to come around and he said it'd be ok - we WOULD get it to fit. And we did. Cost $100 but he worked on it for 2 hours. Worth the money.
Sometimes you need a professional guy to give a hand with something like that.

Posted on: 2015/2/21 18:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
OMG!!! this bull#@%^#$ computer. froze.....lost all my text. so here is the short version.

health still sux. heart cath done...normal pretty much. medicine maxed out....ablation maybe. $#@$@ you heart!

Moved dart to 10x30 storage unit, using as a shop. moved tools and tool boxes. built work bench. will use generator for power. has doors on each end...nice for breeze. Dad moved to retirement community....lost that garage space.

back to work on the Packard, did some sand blasting. here is what the high beam switch looks like inside.

blugh...whatever.

Attach file:

jpg  (39.07 KB)
491_5514d3b0a3127.jpg 480X640 px

Posted on: 2015/3/26 22:51
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 178 179 180 (181) 182 183 184 ... 195 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved