Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 179 180 181 (182) 183 184 185 ... 195 »

Re: Henry's 55 Constellation
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Henry, so good to hear from you and your progress report. See you in Salado? Bridge accident will certainly fill the access roads with lots of traffic. Good news, there will be no big rigs storming past the Stagecoach Inn. I use back roads so will need to contend with more traffic than usual. Is there a back way for you to travel to Salado? Take care.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/3/27 10:16
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
yeah I just heard about the bridge today from my wife. had no idea otherwise.

I'm not aware of any back road way to get there, never looked, just always went down 35.

I'd like to come this year. I'd like to bring the Packard. but as you know its a total PITA to trailer a car down there, park the trailer, unload a non running car and move it into position. the grounds are WAY too cramped with on lookers and narrow motel roads. it's almost not worth it.

if I did bring the car I'd trailer it and not unload it. there would have to be somewhere left over big enough for me to park it at the show. I'm not dealing with unloading it. I'm not sure I'll get that lucky as people seem to covet the pass through under canopy spots early.

geesh...I sound crabby. I'm sorry.

Posted on: 2015/3/27 10:42
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Yeah, its going to get a bit messy, traffic-wise that is. There has been a great improvement in parking. Starting last year there is a "Parking Czar". He assigns parking for the Saturday display. It worked well last year and expect same or better results this time. Why not come on down, sans Clipper, and visit with us? We would enjoy seeing you and your family again.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/3/27 11:07
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I'm guessing parking is assigned based on registration?

Posted on: 2015/3/27 11:15
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Yes, for the Saturday display. If you are planning on bringing the Clipper on a trailer call Larry Myers who is the "Parking Czar". I'm sure he can arrange a space for you. We would all love to see your 'new' paint job. I will PM you his phone number.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2015/3/27 14:31
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
got the dart running decently. winter gas mix sucks. I put in racing gas and the thing never vapor locks. plus it smell soooooo good. So, we took it to the drive in movies. had a great time!

I started sandblasting some more pieces on the Packard as well. then I decided to test the horns. One sorta wanted to work, the other nothing. since they had been in the blast cabinet, they had media in them. so I pried them open and blew them all out. then I soaked them in PB blaster. this helped a ton! then I cleaned the points with a small file.

I noticed that one of them wasn't making contact as well on the points. so I adjust the screw while sounding the horn and got it tuned in and as loud as it will go. the low horn is a bit louder then the hi, but they do sound in harmony when I sound them at the same time.

I need to put the rear window back in soon, but I need to weld on some spacers at the bottom to push the window up so there is no gap in the seal like I talked about earlier in the blog.

I don't think I'm going to be taking the Packard to Salado. My son has a T-ball game that day and we try to promote sportsmanship in him, so I wont let him miss unless he is sick or hurt or something. most of the cars I've seen several times now, so driving 2 hours for about 1 hour of looking around and then 2 hours back isn't looking appealing this year. no negativity meant.

I want to buy a car hauler, but its not in the budget right now. U-Haul wont rent me a trailer if I tow the Packard....too much weight they say. and my father in law's trailer is a utility version and its a pita to get the car to fit on it. it is too heavy for an enclosed version like I rented that one year as well now that the body is back on.

Attach file:

jpg  (33.78 KB)
491_5523487f474cb.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (38.22 KB)
491_55234889b1be5.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (28.64 KB)
491_5523489042c0a.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2015/4/6 22:01
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
looks like I can just get new repos for cheap. 39 each. I don't think ground matters. I had it working with both the positive and negative grounding the unit. either way it sounded.http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_thunderbird/ford-thunderbird-horn-12v-high-pitch-bell-shaped-dome-triangular-wire-connector-used-throughout-1956-and-very-early-1957.html

Posted on: 2015/4/6 22:16
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
We will miss you and your family in Salado, but understand. My 55 Clipper was loaded onto a U-Haul trailer and taken to its new home. Here is a photo.

(o{}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (162.26 KB)
565_5523509d5bbdf.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2015/4/6 22:36
We move toward
And make happen
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Thanks John! I miss seeing ya too. I take it back, there is one car I've not seen....your 47.

they musta lied about what car they were hauling to uhaul. when I try to rent one with my 2001 5.4 F150 pulling it....they say no.

but if I put in my 1970 dart being pulled by same truck...they will let me. both cars will fit on that trailer, but the only difference is the weight.

I have a class III hitch too.

no telling.

I can get a cheap 18' with dovetail with wood deck for 1300 bucks locally. or a 20' dovetail metal deck for 2600. not bad for either. I've just got a few other things to buy first.

Posted on: 2015/4/6 23:16
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
According to the Uhaul site your truck is not big enough Try different truck it will work my GMC Envoy and Lincoln LT truck will work. I have to much time to play with these tables

Posted on: 2015/4/7 8:57
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 179 180 181 (182) 183 184 185 ... 195 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved