Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
136 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 134

Jack Vines, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 195 »

Re: Henry's 55 Constellation
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The Daytona kits come with new springs, and several other new metal parts (or at least mine did). As well as an newer style float valve to replace the original one.

Also my came with a very good rebuild diagram that really helped out. Kind of a rebuild by numbers.

Posted on: 2008/2/6 17:52
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'm with you on the picts. Unfortunately back in the day before digital cameras, Xerox copiers or computers it was quite a process to provide them--plus most Packard mechanics had been around forever and if they worked on a prewar car, there really wasn't that much more to learn later because most things didn't change that much so not too much need for detailed instructions either.

Posted on: 2008/2/6 18:29
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
IM GOING TO BE A DADDY!!!!

WWWEEEEEE!!!!!

AWESOME!!!

just wanted everone to know that i am probably not going to do much to the car, but some here and there. i am preparing my finances for the baby. we need a new car...have a 2 door accord now and need something with 4 doors. so, packard will stay, but i wont beable to do things as quickly as before.

i am excited!!

Hank

Posted on: 2008/2/15 11:07
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

ClipBee wrote:
IM GOING TO BE A DADDY!!!! Hank

Congratulations Hank. There's nothing else like it in the world and as you've already found out, it changes your life! An exciting and wonderful time, and here's a hint, for both of you, get some sleep now!

Posted on: 2008/2/15 13:42
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Hank,
It looks like you and I are in similar scenarios. I also have a 55 Constellation that I am restoring. Mine, however, was disassembled when I purchased it, and I am in the process of putting all the pieces back together again. Please let me know if you locate an alternate source for the windshield and rear window gaskets. I have heard rumors that the "Tri 5" Chevy windshield gasket is the same as the Packard, but I have not been able to verify that fact. I have a couple of friends with early Chevys (55 and 57) and am waiting for one of them to replace his windshield so I can get the old gasket, intact, to test fit in my Packard.
Please contact me via private messaging if you would like to chat about the rebuild process.
Thanks,
John

Posted on: 2008/3/1 18:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Just out of curisoity where did u hear that the tri-5 chevy windshield will fit?????

Posted on: 2008/3/1 22:16
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Actually, he only mentioned using the Chevy gasket (weatherstrip) - not the glass itself. However, this could be the break you've been hoping for, Keith.

Maybe jselph can check the actual windshields between the openings in each of the two cars.

Posted on: 2008/3/2 9:55
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There was a thread on the AACA forum last year on this subject of Chevy WS fitting. One poster is convinced it will, but apparently most of us Packard folks, not having the correct Chevys to play with, seem to know for sure. I think he was going to try but don't recall ever hearing whether he did.

Posted on: 2008/3/2 11:46
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
BELIeVE IT OR NOT.... i got to try it this morning. The Packard 5672 windshield will NOT fit a 57 Chevy 4 door sedan.

The 5672 windshield is 3/4" shorter vetrically than the opening of the Chevy. There is also significant curvature difference at the bottom curve at the corner.

HOWEVER, this doesnot rule out the possibility of other I'change. It ONLY rules out I'change between Packard sedan and 57 chevy 4 dr sedan.

ALTHO the curvature misfit at the bottom corners is making it look less likely.

OR, to put it another way, my confidence level at this point is below 20%

Posted on: 2008/3/2 13:16
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
looks like i am going to be window rubberless. for a while anyways.

i put the starter back on today after having dropped the trans about 3 weeks ago. the motor spins like crazy!!

i put some lub in the spark plug holes and ran it like that for a good while. put the spark plugs back in, etc.....tried to turn it over with starting fluid and it wont fire up. just turns over. i need to check spark next and the gap on the points.

but at least it turns over really easy.

it was exciting to hear it make some noise after 25 plus years not being driven. that is amazing.

i will update you guys when i actually hear it running, which wont be long i am sure ;0)

later

Hank

Posted on: 2008/3/2 14:23
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 195 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved