Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 37 38 39 (40) 41 42 »

Re: 1956 Clipper Hot Rod
Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
It'll go.

Posted on: 2014/7/12 13:25
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well it appears that I am going to have to change horses in midstream. The carbs have been rebuilt twice and it seems they still do not work right. So I have a single 4bbl carb and intake and I am going to use it and try to get it running that way. So when I sell the car the twin 4bbl setup will go with the car and the new owner can try to solve the problem. I am not going to ask
"what the hell next????" because I always seem to find out.

ALK

Posted on: 2014/9/8 11:57
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well the car is back together. It ran for 8 minutes straight this morning. A few minor tweaks and it will be good to go.

ALK

Posted on: 2014/9/19 13:08
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Al Quote:
Well the car is back together. It ran for 8 minutes straight this morning. A few minor tweaks and it will be good to go.

I presume that is with the 1x4 setup. Did the 4GC that is working originally come off of one of a 1x4 setups If so, to use it on the 2x4 then you have to modify the secondary idle circuit to make them work.

Craig

Posted on: 2014/9/19 18:13
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
The mechanic told me that he used to front carb from the 2X4 on the 1X4 manifold. I will be including the 2X4 setup with the car when I put it up for sale.

Posted on: 2014/9/20 9:32
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well we are coming to the end of the line. A new fuel pump is in the car and it is running good. It will be going onto ebay sometime tonight. The twin 4 bbl setup will go with it and not be separated. I will not get the enjoyment out of it that I wanted, but then I did not anticipate the downturn in the economy, the loss in my investment portfolio, nor the loss of my job. So you pays you money and you takes your chances.

ALK

I just got a call from the mechanic, it seems that the %%##@$#%#$%$ engine shop forgot to put in a %$$#&%&%( freeze plug
If I had paid $500 for the rebuild I would not be to upset but nearly $4000. This is totally unacceptable

Posted on: 2014/10/16 15:37
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well I guess it was a good thing that I decided to wait until today to try and resolve this fubar situation, giving my temper time to cool off. My mechanic showed me the freeze plugs. I envisioned the big round press in kind, about the size of an IKE silver dollar. Instead he shows me a tiny little screw plug. I guess it might be easy to miss, but in view of the fact that I paid $3600 for a rebuid that I may not have needed(but that is another story) it should not have been missing. I'm just wondering what else could be missing rods, rings, bearings etc. etc.

Posted on: 2014/10/17 16:30
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
AlQuote:
but in view of the fact that I paid $3600 for a rebuid that I may not have needed(but that is another story) it should not have been missing. I'm just wondering what else could be missing rods, rings, bearings etc. etc.

Yup, I'd be worried. That's why I ALWAYS do my own assembly, double checking all clearances, etc.

Craig

Posted on: 2014/10/17 18:10
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jack Vines
See User information
Quote:
It will be going onto ebay sometime tonight.

I'm not seeing it. Can you post a link?

jack vines

Posted on: 2014/10/17 21:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
As usual a couple of things have cropped up. I don't want to put it out for sale until there are NO glitchs with the car. My mechanic says that the car goes forward when you put it in reverse. I had to tell him that reverse is all the down and he says that is where it was so that has to be looked at. Also no brakes, most likely no fluid. Will keep you posted.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 6:56
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 37 38 39 (40) 41 42 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved