Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
104 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 38 39 40 (41) 42 »

Re: 1956 Clipper Hot Rod
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
AlQuote:
but in view of the fact that I paid $3600 for a rebuid that I may not have needed(but that is another story) it should not have been missing. I'm just wondering what else could be missing rods, rings, bearings etc. etc.

Yup, I'd be worried. That's why I ALWAYS do my own assembly, double checking all clearances, etc.

Craig

It's nice to have that ability, but a lot of us don't.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 7:18
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
AL Quote:
It's nice to have that ability, but a lot of us don't.

I understand. But if one needs to have someone else oversee the machine work, do the checking and assemble a Packard V-8, I'd ship the engine to Jack Vines and let him do it. Much better than your local "expert" machine shop that does thousands of Chebbies, but hasn't seen a Packard in a zillion years.

Craig

Posted on: 2014/10/21 17:20
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Sage advice Craig.

Posted on: 2014/10/21 19:44
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Well when I win the lottery I'll try to remember to do that

Posted on: 2014/10/21 20:26
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
AL,

You get an "A" for perseverance. It's not easy to negotiate and ride herd on these wrench-benders.

The pics of your work on it have shown great taste and craftsmanship.

Did you ever find a build sheet on that thang? You may have mentioned it, but I don't recall.

Good thing you live in Alabama or you'd be lookin' at just parkin' it in the shed 'til spring. Good luck with your listing.

Posted on: 2014/10/25 22:34
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Nope no build sheet. Perseverance is not the word my wife uses. She says stubborn. However that is tempered by economics.
When it became clear that we were going to have to sell the car I most likely could not have gotten more than parts car prices for it the way it was, so i had to rebuild the engine so........... In hindsight I did have other options but they were not obvious at the time. It's all because of an incident with a 1939 Ford coupe that I bailed out on because I thought I had bigger problems than it tured out I had. I swore then that no car was ever going to beat me again. I think I have a line on a buyer for it but will have to wait and see. Just as an aside, I did sell my wifes car.
There is no blog for it because It already well into reconstruction before I came out here, but it was a good sale, I would have liked to have gotten more for it but cei la vie. In any event here is apicture of it

Attach file:

jpg  (55.99 KB)
430_544cff76045d8.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2014/10/26 8:55
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
"Just as an aside, I did sell my wifes car."

Al,

In the Registry I've marked your wife's '55 Patrician Touring Sedan as SOLD.

Posted on: 2014/10/26 16:51
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
TWO DEALS, BOTH WENT DOWN THE TUBES

On buyer #1 who wanted to give me an international scout and cash
my wife nixed that deal because she did not want to have the burden of trying to sell another car and one which we knew nothing about(can't say as I blame her).

On buyer #2, we had closed on a deal with a deposit and final closure in March, but a week after we agreed he called me and called it off because he was unsure(due to legalities on his end)
that he could make good on it. So the car is back out on EBAY Got lots of people viewing and a few watching, but no questions after a day, so we shall just have to wait and see.

Posted on: 2015/1/18 9:57
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Hey Guys

I am caught in a dilemma. A guy in N.J.called me on behalf of a client. The guy has his own shop. His client once had a Packard Clipper but it was customized, bucket seats, 350 Chebbie, etc. Even if he come close to my price I am hesitant to sell it to him
because once it's sold, God only knows how my car is going to be bastardized. The only possible saving grace would be if I kept the 2 X 4 manifold and one carb. Still I hate the thought of a Chebbie being stuffed into my Packard
OPINIONS PLEASE....................

Posted on: 2015/2/7 13:49
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
For the life of me, I cannot understand why this car has not sold. The price seems on the low side. Perhaps if it were taken to a couple of the right shows...
If you were closer, would LOVE to look.
Do you still Really need to sell it or can it wait until summer when cars sell easier.

Posted on: 2015/2/7 14:01
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 38 39 40 (41) 42 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved