Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

Roland Irle, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

58 Packard at NSW Studebaker Concours The Entrance Australia
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

WW400
See User information
My wife and i went to the Studebaker annual concurs as it was nearby. pity it rained so it was in an undercover car park. There was one 58 Packard , which has an interesting history. The new third owner has had it on a few weeks , bought it from Victoria, Australia. First owner was the Greek consul in Sydney, fittingly the colour scheme is that of the national flag of Greece.
Sorry about the photos , taking them undercover , with bright lights overhead was difficult. Also in photos is a 58 Studebaker for comparison.

Attach file:

jpg  (28.55 KB)
2316_4de30a44b8de0.jpg 480X360 px

jpg  (29.29 KB)
2316_4de30a93078a3.jpg 480X360 px

jpg  (29.08 KB)
2316_4de30aa356ea5.jpg 480X360 px

Posted on: 2011/5/29 22:11
 Top  Print   

Re: 58 Packard at NSW Studebaker Concours The Entrance Australia
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Payne
See User information
The Packard was owned by Russell Kerr, long time member of the Packard Club who up until recently regularly attended Club meets here in Victoria. Russell decided to sell this car and a '56 Patrician recently because of his advancing years (he's in his '80's). We hope he and his wife Val still continue to attend meets, even if it means driving brand X. John Payne

Posted on: 2011/6/3 2:39
 Top  Print   

Re: 58 Packard at NSW Studebaker Concours The Entrance Australia
Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

I'm a Studebaker enthusiast too, and that '58 Studebaker look unusual to me. It appears to be the 120.5 wb Y-Body sedan of the U.S. model President but it has the side trim of a Champion or Commander.

What model name is on it? Do you know if it has a 289 ci or 259 ci V-8 engine? It is an Export model with RHD, I wouldn't be surprised if there are differences in the chassis specs. Thanks!

Steve

PS: Never mind on the side trim, I now see the President trim, almost all are two-toned to emphasize it.

Posted on: 2011/6/3 9:37
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved