Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
141 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Re: Checking transmission fluid
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If no one else wants to and there is an interest in trying something besides drilling the pan, I am willing to take a shot at an adapter if someone provides dimensions of the fill tube

Better yet would be an old tube if someone has one laying around. The clear distance from top of tube to underside of car body would also be nice to have. Parts book said the tube is the same 50-54 but the dipstick changed.

I was also looking at Amazon.com and they list quite a few flexible tubes from other manufacturers besides Lokar -- many at a lower cost.

Posted on: 2011/9/22 10:26
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've got a spare 55/56 tube and dipstick hanging in the garage if measurements or photos of it is of value to anyone. I don't know but could determine if it's the first or second style.

Posted on: 2011/9/22 10:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
Apparently the solution has been found on another thread

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8013&post_id=86597#forumpost86597

All kidding aside, i'd like to try the drill-the-pan-and-mount-the-flexible-dipstick-direct method this winter if i get the motor out.

Posted on: 2011/9/22 19:51
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved