Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
35 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 35

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Drake's '53 Clipper
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Drake
See User information
i drove it a little more this weekend. i think the wobble may be in the tire itself, but i'm going to tackle the brakes first. i pulled the master cylinder. i have bendix power brakes, so it'll be a little difficult finding parts. i tore it all apart and ordered a rebuild kit(from kanter). i noticed that the brass valve that the brake lines screw into was striped and cracked, so i ordered one of those for $40(from max merritt). the kit i bought cost me around $340, so all together $380 shipped.

oh yeah! i hooked up the vacuum hoses for the wipers, and they work! yay for one less thing to fix/replace! (i was wondering what the knob on the steering column was). i also messed with the electric antenna until i got it working aswell!

Posted on: 2008/3/25 13:06
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Drake
See User information
Quote:

Turbopackman wrote:
The whole car pretty much. I'm keeping the engine and trans for another project, but everything that's there is up for grabs. There are no pedals left in it, though.

i could use a driver's side front door window, and a passanger's side read door window.. but from your pictures, you dont have them either :)

i'll keep an eye out around the car for anything. i really appreciate it man!

Posted on: 2008/3/27 22:01
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
All the side windows on 51-56 Packard are flat, and you can probably call find a local automotive glass outfit that will cut you new windows using the old one as a pattern out of modern safety glass. BTW the left and right sides are interchangable.

Sometime old windows will appear yellowed because of the lamanating sheet between the panes.

Posted on: 2008/3/27 23:24
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Drake
See User information
i was wrong.. both windows i need are front door windows..

3-25-08
so, i rebuilt the MC and ran into a

problem.

but i ordered a new part, and it should be here sometime durring the week.

3-29-08
i pulled the drivers side wheel off and removed the brake assembly, drum, and everything down the the spindle. i cleaned every part spotless(i even got the lugnuts shiney!), repacked the berrings, rebuilt the wheel cylinder, and replaced almost every brake part. the brakes, parts, and rubber all looked to be in good shape, but i replaced most everything anyway.

it took me a FULL day of playing with chemicals, scrubbing, twisting and banging to get ONE wheel done. it was a great day!

oh yeah.. i live in the pacific northwest (portland, oregon), so it rained/hailed/snowed on me all day. i am working on my packard outside. (as you can see from the pictures)

**edit**
i believe i've located my "wobble". i think the tire itself is warped/hard/not balanced form old age and causing the car to bob up and down. we'll see later when i replace the tires.

Posted on: 2008/3/30 11:28
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Drake
See User information
re-did all m'brakes.. blead.. and all that.. i need to replace all the lights (front and rear) and i'm ready to roll..

Posted on: 2008/4/14 0:49
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Drake
See User information
couple more pix..

i like just drive'n it around even though it's not ready..

Click to see original Image in a new window

Click to see original Image in a new window

wonder how shiney it would be if i ever washed it!

those pictures are from yesterday (sunday may 11th '08)

i pulled the headliner out, sun visors off, all the carpet out, and the door panels off. i spent a lot of time cataloging screws, pins, and other assorted items. i placed them in ziplock bags and labeled all of them. i dont want to lose track of m'screws!

Posted on: 2008/5/12 20:36
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved