Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
72 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 71

64avanti, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'32 Packard 901 Original Interior & Trim - Documentation
Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
'32 Packard 901 Original Interior & Trim - Documentation

Attach file:

pdf Size: 1,356.58 KB; Hits: 63

Posted on: 2011/11/27 14:45
 Top  Print   

Re: '32 Packard 901 Original Interior & Trim - Documentation
Home away from home
Home away from home

tbirdman
See User information
Thanks. You confirmed the correct look of the kick panel vents.

Posted on: 2011/11/27 16:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
Some pretty interesting details there. I see the kick panels are a "colonial grain" leatherette board with no coverings. The difference in the headliner mat'l vs the seating and side panels. No valance over the shades. A wireon trim surrounding the headliner where it tacks into the side of the roof inner structure.

I see that use of a blind hemmer or a "Union Special" stitch was employed in hanging the headliner in 32 as well. No thread showing at the listings, and that type of machine is used in fine clothing like the hemline of a dress or formal suits for men. The machine is set to sew through 1/2 of the mat'l thickness. Leave it to Packard to go to such detail lengths for style and class. I can really appreciate the quality and craftsmanship, and I thank you for sharing.

Posted on: 2011/11/29 9:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
Highlander 160,

Thank you for the insight in the finer technical details of the interior and it's construction.

I think I'll now look at the interior in the same way I appreciate the fine mechanical design and engineering of these cars.

Best Regards,

Dave

Posted on: 2011/12/11 15:04
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved