Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
115 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 113

kevinpackard, BDeB, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Lets Start Planning for Warren
Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
AL,

That is a great idea. I will call them on Monday. Thanks.

Posted on: 2008/6/7 10:40
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Just a reminder to all that Warren is only about four weeks away. I hope again to be able to take plenty of pictures at Warren. Then have Kevin be able to post them all for all to enjoy.

One side note:

I am going to purchase a new camera before coming to Warren. Have been shopping on the Internet and some of the big chain stores. Oddly enough the best deal I found on the camera I want to buy, is at a local camera store. The same selling price as the big chain stores, however included in the small stores selling price, three year warranty and camera case.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/6/21 19:27
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
The wife and I have found that with the purchase of our new home this last month, along with rising fuel prices, that we're 99% sure we won't be able to make it after all. However next year, I will plan ahead better.

Posted on: 2008/6/21 20:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
John, did you break your old camera taking self-portraits?

Posted on: 2008/6/22 1:50
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Yes, I have had some disappointing experiences lately with offerings at big-box retailers - especially "electronic botiques".

Though I don't really like shopping at WallyWorld and consider most of their merchandise to be little more than throwaways, I have found, on occasion, a better deal on a quality piece of merchandise - like my digicams, DVD player and LCD-TV. However, you better do you homework online and check out product reviews from users first.

I tend to avoid mail-order purchases, but - except for a hassle with a defective multi-disc DVD set - I've had pretty good luck with Amazon.com and enjoy free shipping. I recently got a better indoor TV antenna, and for a lower price, than I would have found anywhere within a one-hour drive.

John, I look forward to seeing your new camera at Warren, and here's hoping we still have even more people from P'Info than last year for another nice group photo.

Posted on: 2008/6/22 11:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Eric -

With the purchase of a new home (that hopefully has a big enough garage to work on a Packard), you're excused. At least you're not throwing money in a hole with rent anymore.

Nevermind all the landscaping work I'm in the middle of, with the economy in such a mess, another year may go by before I'm physically and financially able to break ground for a garage so I can resume work on my Packards. (Winning the lotto sure would help right now.)

Yet, with Warren less than an hour away, I still plan on going.

Anyone else from P'Info coming?

Posted on: 2008/6/22 11:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Don't even get me started on "landscaping"! I've got some "shrubbery" that is going to go away pretty soon. One is over 7 feet tall, and about 10 feet long. It needs to go. I think I'm going to have to call Roger the Shrubber, and see if he wants them.

Posted on: 2008/6/22 15:52
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Gordon and Michael Conn
See User information
My father and I made it to Warren in 2005 (before joining Packardinfo)...We may just have to swing by again this year.
Is everyone trying to meet on the 19th? Is that the day all the cars will be there? When we went in 05 we were told that Sunday was the big car day...

Hey, and if anyone is traveling through Ohio to get to Warren, you might want to stop here...
http://www.americaspackardmuseum.org/

Attach file:

jpg  (42.05 KB)
141_486445e3bb136.jpg 600X800 px

Posted on: 2008/6/26 20:44
1940 Packard 110 Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
The de facto meeting point has been Randy Berger's '56 Four Hundred (Eire Green over Dover White).

IIRC, Randy's price of admission has historically been a poke in the ribs.

Posted on: 2008/6/27 7:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I am really looking forward to Warren. Maybe I should bring some refreshments along? In any case, like Brian says, come over and give me a poke in the ribs and talk some Packard. I'll believe your lies if you believe mine.

Posted on: 2008/7/12 12:58
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved