Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
89 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 87

Danny, Bob J, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Bendix MC problem
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Altho somewhat less emphaticaly, i agree with Craig.

Nonetheless, if u plan to stay wityh the Bendix TV then my recommendation would be the Neatsfoot oil. Since u have it apart u mite first use saddle soap on the leather seal to get it good and clean before applying the neatsfoot oil.

DISCLAIMER: to some extent i hesitate to recommend the saddle soap because it is used in conjunction with water and this IS a brake system . But saddle soap followed by neatsfoot oil has proven over the years to be superb for my many m/c leather goods i have. Some got saddle soap followed by neatsfoot while others got only the neatsfoot oil. The jackets and mudflaps (yes GENUINE LEATHER) and other items are much better that got both than those that got only oil. Nearly all of these leather items are at least 25 years old and in some cases nearly 70 years old.

Usualy several applications are needed. Don't rush the job.

Posted on: 2008/4/2 21:52
 Top  Print   

Re: Bendix MC problem
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Charles Neuhaus
See User information
Just want to second the motion about Ed Strain's work. He has rebuilt two Treadlevacs for me and does quality work. His phone number is: (800) 266-1623

Posted on: 2008/4/6 10:38
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved