Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
116 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 115

William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 55 Caribbean, early design?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Roger is correct, I did not see this thread years ago or I would have commented.

Posted on: 2014/7/30 15:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Roger,
Persistence pays off!

What does this area look like now? Maybe next time in the Detroit area, it will be on my to see list.

Posted on: 2014/7/30 19:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Hello... I also assure you that several press photos of 1955 and 1956 Packards were indeed taken at the Cranbrook Academy/Institute. It is easily recognizable in photos, but I have seen several times online where people wonder about the location and don't seem to recognize the very obvious background and even statuary. Or claim it is someplace else.

Packard even had its own version of the Fisher Body Craftsman's Guild contest held there where young guys were encouraged to build models of designs they made for future Packards. Unfortunately, this contest seems to be forgotten in Packard lore now. But I still remember it.

Posted on: 2014/7/30 23:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Let the Ride...
There have been some changes since 1955 - additions to buildings, etc. but you can still make out where Packard placed the cars. Also, as the concrete sections have deteriorated over the years they have replaced the sections with concrete, but without the three, saw-cut rows. Still, it would be neat to see if you are ever in the area.

Leeedy:
Indeed Cranbrook was a site for Packard photo ops. And as for the design competitions that is true too. In preparing for the 2006 PAC National Meet in the Motor City I was doing some research at Cranbrook and accumulated quite a bit of data on a design competition in 1950. Ever since I wanted to write an article for the PAC publications about these competitions and the close ties Packard had with Cranbrook. Maybe later this year.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 7:52
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved