Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
128 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wiring to carb?
Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I notice in my 51-54 service manual that it shows wiring to the carb. I don't have that on my Clipper. Was that part discontinued and why was it on in the first place?

Posted on: 2012/6/18 14:45
 Top  Print   

Re: Wiring to carb?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The starter switch was incorporated into the carburetor thru 1953, 1954 was the first year with the key-switch to activate the starter.

Posted on: 2012/6/18 14:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Thank, not having seen a 53 or earlier Packard starting system up close it makes sense. The 51-54 service manual doesn't have any updates for the 54.

Posted on: 2012/6/18 15:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The wiring diagrams were updated in the Service Counselors. The 54 diagram from the SC was scanned in decent quality and is available separately here in the wiring diagram section. Believe Kev also did one with colors which may be easier to follow. The AEA drawings which some like better are on the PAC site -- although on this year, they are comparable.

There was an error with a power feed in some 54 drawings so make sure to note the corrected page.

Posted on: 2012/6/18 15:09
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved