Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 126

29- 640 Club Sedan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
Recently purchased a 1940 110 Coupe. Prior owner said transmission would sometimes jump out of first gear. To your knowledge is there any external adjustment that would cure this or do I have an internal problem?

Posted on: 2012/12/2 9:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I suggest you purchase a reprint of the owner's manual. Your problem may well be internal but here's an excerpt from the 1941 owner's manual which is a place to start by adjusting the linkage.

Attach file:

jpg  (164.46 KB)
177_50bb5fe75ce1c.jpg 1280X942 px

Posted on: 2012/12/2 9:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
Thanks, this will give me a starting point and hopefully a fix.

Posted on: 2012/12/2 9:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
And also check the various service bulletins. If you look at the service index under transmissions, there are multiple for various linkage and gear issues. Might also browse those articles for the Clipper and pre 50's too since so many trans pieces were the same thru the years.

Posted on: 2012/12/2 9:35
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved