Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
40 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 39

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

56 radial tires (again)
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Many recommendations for Diamonbacks, one so far for Kelsey's Goodyears.

Anyone running Coker BF Goodrich or American Classic 23575R15's or know anything about them? Reason I ask is it turns out a local tire outlet I did business with on my modern car also handles Coker's and can order from them.

If the tires are any good I was thinking it might be easier to do business with a local shop rather than trying to order separately and then find mounting, balancing etc. Vaguely though, it seems like I remember some stories from a while back that maybe there was a problem with the tires not being what they said or something??? Perhaps it was another of the name brand cheaply made in ChinaRica ??

Posted on: 2013/3/30 18:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 56 radial tires (again)
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
I had one bad time getting Coker to honor their guarantee. I had a thread on the AACA (Packard) forum about it. Their manager (at the time) Jeff Hoodenpyle posted a message on that thread and I finally got one tire replaced. Too much of a hassle to replace another one.

Posted on: 2013/3/30 20:09
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That's disappointing & must be the negative story I remembered. Probably best not to tempt fate so unless someone comes up with sterling recent recommendations guess they're out.

Posted on: 2013/3/30 20:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Coker wide white walls failed on me at the PackardInfo meet down in Laughlin, NV in Nov 2012.

I won't buy them again.

Craig

Posted on: 2013/3/30 22:18
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information

Posted on: 2013/3/30 23:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
From what I hear the early Coker WW radials were plagued with problems, I had a friend that lost 3 on a tour. But apparently those problems have been behind them for a while as the replacement tires he received have been trouble-free and I haven't heard of recent problems. Even so for extended touring I'd feel much more comfortable with a first line tire like the GoodYears or the DBs rather than a tire intended for collector cars. Just my opinion.

Posted on: 2013/3/30 23:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Also give Discount Tires a try. This firm is a major retail tire supplier in the western US and after 4600 miles since installation, I am supremely happy with the feel, looks and performance I get from them.

Attach file:

jpg  (165.87 KB)
20_5157b66635030.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (135.54 KB)
20_5157b674c6e9e.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (112.56 KB)
20_5157b67f0fe98.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/3/30 23:08
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Also give Discount Tires a try.

Do you have information for the ones you have. I'd be looking for the same. One of the Discount Tire stores here is who I was talking with. The manager pulled out the Coker catalog when I asked what they had in wide walls.

Posted on: 2013/3/30 23:21
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin AZ
See User information
Howard.............I will get you a contact number. My tires took about 5-6 weeks to obtain and they are awesome. The fellow I used still works for Discount Tires and he is capable and dependable.

Posted on: 2013/3/30 23:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks. The brand name would also be helpful. Maybe the guy here has more than one catalog hiding under his counter --

Posted on: 2013/3/31 8:32
Howard
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved