Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
64 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 64

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Packard Pickup Truck
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Warren J. Erickson
See User information
Hi:

My brother called the other day. He lives in Western North Carolina. He said he saw a 50's Packard pickup truck in a recent car show. I told him that Packard did not make pickups in the 1950's. But he insisted it was a Packard.

Then a light went on in my head. I remember reading about Ross (on this board). I found a hemmings article about him. It said he takes rundown 50's Packards and turns them into Pickup trucks. The article goes on to say that he does this for customers. Stating he actually built around 12 of them. I found some pictures and they are works of art.

I called my brother and sent him the hemmings article. I bet the one he saw at the car show was one of Ross's creations. I wonder if he still converts these? I bet the 55 & 56 would make the best candidate. With the Leveling Suspension.

Thanks

Posted on: 2016/10/4 9:33
1954 Packard Pacific
1964 Studebaker GT Hawk
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Pickup Truck
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It might have been a custom job but also wonder if he could have seen a Henney flower car. Those have a bed floor which would raise or lower depending on how much room was needed to carry flowers to the graveyard. In the lowered position it could resemble a pickup.

Posted on: 2016/10/4 9:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Packard Pickup Truck
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Oh yes, Packups are still in production. If you should want one, please PM me. Ross

Posted on: 2016/10/4 12:04
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved