Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1937 Convertible Coupe hole identication
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Neil Zuchowski
See User information
I'm restoring a 1937 Convertible Coupe that I purchased in boxes. Need some help in identifying four holes that appear on the driver's side door latch post. They appear to be factory. Thanks in advance. Neil.

Attach file:

jpg  (180.69 KB)
177090_5c631e9009958.jpg 1441X1920 px

Posted on: 2019/2/12 14:29
 Top  Print 

Re: 1937 Convertible Coupe hole identication
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gary Kulp
See User information
I have 115C convertible coupe, but that is a solid part all the way down,with no 4 holes as shown.What is your cars production number 1089-? ? It could be something on a early produced car or a very late produced car or body shop repair. My car production number is 3121. The very early cars use tear drop bolts on all the bumper guards as opposed hex bolts, there after.

Also the latch plate wasn't brass but a notched steel stamping with rubber in between. Steele rubber products redoes those
latch plates.

Posted on: 2019/2/14 11:02
 Top  Print 

Re: 1937 Convertible Coupe hole identication
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Neil Zuchowski
See User information
Thanks for the reply. Car number is 3819. Delivered 7/31/37. After a bunch of research and your help, the holes appear to be rivet holes that have been drilled out. I checked the passenger side and it has the same four rivets. They cannot be seen from the post side, only from the back where they are pinned over. I also found that the cage nut that holds the shoulder bolt for the top irons was replaced on that side. Looks like someone tried to access the nut via taking the post assembly apart. Thanks again. Neil.

Posted on: 2019/2/14 15:28
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved