Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
212 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 211

DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

37 120 coupe convertible seat back removal
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rvsls
See User information
I am planning to install seat belts in my 37 120 coupe convertible. I am planning to install the outside belts through the chassis channel behind the seat basket. To do this I need to remove the seat back. I found two screws under the seat back but it still won't budge. There appears to be some sheet metal clips along the back frame on the lower edge that need to be bent?
Any help would be appreciated before I do something wrong,
Rod Smith
Reno NV

Posted on: 2019/2/18 22:39
 Top  Print   

Re: 37 120 coupe convertible seat back removal
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gary Kulp
See User information
The seat metal frame back & bottom is one part. There are 4 bolts that hold it to that floor. Two in the back & two in the front. You may have to take off the upholstered side covers to get at the bolts that hold the seat frame to the floor. If I remember correctly,their screws are under the decorative aluminum sill plates.

Posted on: 2019/3/3 11:49
 Top  Print   

Re: 37 120 coupe convertible seat back removal
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rvsls
See User information
Thanks for the reply. I finally bit the bullet and followed my tuition and removed the seat back. Yes, I am sure I could have removed the whole seat assembly as you suggested but you can just remove the seat back cushion without removing the whole seat. Look under the seat back cushion (bottom) and you will see two screws, one on either side that go through a couple of wire brackets and into the seat frame. Remove these screws. Then you will see four metal brackets that are part of the seat frame. I was able to spring the brackets away from the cushion spring frame with a wide blade screwdriver. Once the seat back is loose from the clips and the screws, the back can be pushed down to remove it from the upper brackets and the seat back can be removed. The upper brackets look like three 10penny nails that actually puncture the seat back material and hold the seat back cushion frame to the overall seat frame.

Replace the seat back in reverse order.

Rod Smith
Reno NV

Posted on: 2019/3/3 12:52
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved