Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 158

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

6V to 12V Bulb Conversion
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Wareham
See User information
Here's what I did for the 12V bulb conversion:

The 6V bulb numbers are listed in the Owners Manual and Wagner has an interchange chart from 6V to 12v:

https://www.fme-cat.com/Docs/4102.pdf

I bought brand-name bulbs from Sylvania rather than the cheap imported stuff. Got most on Amazon.

For the taillight bulbs, I bought the bright 50cp 1157 dual filament bulbs from Speedway Motors at $4. Work best through heavy glass lenses.

Posted on: 2019/6/24 7:34
 Top  Print 

Re: 6V to 12V Bulb Conversion
Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
Good information to have. Thanks John

Posted on: 2019/6/24 8:00
 Top  Print 

Re: 6V to 12V Bulb Conversion
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
In addition to Tinman's overall chart here is a list David Grubbs put together specific to a 6v Packards needs with the corresponding bulb for those wanting to do a 12v conversion. Tinman's chart may also provide some other bulb options. Unfortunately, the Don's Bulbs site which is referred to in the second post is no longer operational.http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=157993#forumpost157993

Posted on: 2019/6/24 8:58
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved